_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
70 Challenger Update 2, nearly done
Manchu34
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 10:25 AM UTC
Thought I'd post another update for you MUSCLE CAR "MOPAR" Fans. These are a few quick photos I took during my dry fitting. Body still needs another fine sanding and a final coat. Engine compartment still needs a little work

Fordboy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 - 12:07 AM UTC
Hi Edward

I really like this.

A job very well done.

I like your paint job please tell us how you did it it looks good even at this early stage of finishing.

My favourite model Mopar and despite my call sign and last name I am a dedicated hardcore Chev man.

Regards

Sean
Manchu34
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 - 10:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I like your paint job please tell us how you did it it looks good even at this early stage of finishing.

My favourite model Mopar and despite my call sign and last name I am a dedicated hardcore Chev man.

Regards

Sean

I used Boyd Enamel Red (52709) for the body and frame. It was the closet Red I could find to the Dodge/ "Bright Red"/ "Rallye Red" I applied in about 5 light coats and fine sanded any bumps, holes, etc. For the frame I oversprayed with Model Master Flat Clear Lacquer finish. The Interior was done in Model master Enamel. Flat white, wood, steel, flat black, etc. The engine was painted in Model master Chrsler Engine red (28007) lacquer.

ight now, I'm working on the vinyl top. It's taking sometime to get it right. I discovered that the inner aluminum foil found in a cigarette pack (a bad habitof mine) gives a texture close the 1/24 scale . 1st off to get it right I had to make a template using masking tape. Transferred the pattern onto the foil and cut the 4 sections I would need. Next I slowly superglued each section onto the roof. Not only did it come out okay, but gave a good look with the folds found on vinyl top.

Fordboy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 - 04:20 PM UTC
Thanks Edward

I will follow your progress eagerly.

Regards

Sean
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 01:12 PM UTC
You are definitely making good progress Edward.

I'm very much looking forward to see the vinyl top.
 _GOTOTOP