_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Opinion of Lifelike 1/32 MERCEDES BENZ SSK SP
TacFireGuru
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Auto Modeler: 359 posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2006 - 06:02 AM UTC
Hey all

This is not my forte, but I just won this model on eBay (LIFELIKE 1/32 MERCEDES BENZ SSK SPORTSWAGON......) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6031262644&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Here is the reasoning for the purchase: I'm building a diorama (1/35th WWII, Germany) that is going to include many figures, a Half-Track, a couple of Jeeps and 2-1/2 ton GMCs, an M20 Armored Car, a 3 to 5 star hotel, bridge, river, et cetera. Originally it was going to be straight MILITARY, but I wanted to add a "civilian" element to it. I'm going to add a "garage" to the side of the hotel and wanted to place a civie vehicle in it. Rationale: Owners had to move out FAST and left their car (I may put it up on jack stands, or whatever).

1/32nd is closest to 1/35th...goes without saying...so I was looking for something in that scale AND era. I decided on the Benz, because of the auctions I was looking at, I figured this one would meet the era the best. Realizing its a sporty car............(but that could go with the potential level of the hotel)

Here are the questions: Are there any issues with THIS particular kit? Chrome, fit, flash, et cetera. How is Lifelike overall? I'm not going to superdetail this thing at all.....straight OOB (it'll be in the "garage" so not TOO much will be seen). I'm not familiar with this company, so...... Also, how about color? I was thinking red, blue, or brown. If anyone has suggestions about color, PLEASE let me know (and if you would be soooooo nice, the paint's manufacturer and color code.....as I have no problem getting it for this project).

Many, many thanks ahead of time, as I turn to the experts here on ArmoramA.

Mike (++) (++)
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Auto Modeler: 203 posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2006 - 06:24 AM UTC
The kit is almost as old as me
So don't expect too much.
Don't remember if this one came with chrome parts or not, some did, some didn't.
Paint colors will probably be pointed out rather simple as Black, White, Red, etc.

For 5 bucks you got a deal.
No it wasn't me selling it either.
TacFireGuru
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Auto Modeler: 359 posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2006 - 06:56 AM UTC
Dave,

I hope to be able to do this thing, and my dio by adding it, some justice.

Sounds pretty basic, like the OLD Monograms.

Mike (++) (++)
 _GOTOTOP