_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars: Other Racing
For automotive racing topics not already covered.
Recently got inspired
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Auto Modeler: 76 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 08:23 AM UTC
There was a local model contest this past week end and after seeing some nice looking car kits I was inspired to finish some of the car kits my kids have gotten me over the years. The kit is the Tamiya PIAA Honda Accord. The only painting I had to deal with other than the vast amounts of small detail oriented things, was the black areas on the body. The body was white so I added a clear coat to lay the decals over. Everything went very well. This is the first car kit I have built in 10+ years. I have a small pile of cars that I am planning on getting into soon. Just thought I'd share with you all here. Comments welcome. Thanks, "Q"

rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 08:55 AM UTC
Nice job Matthew great work on all those decals thats not so easy to do, a very clean build.
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2006 - 12:17 PM UTC
Very nice and clean build Matthew.

Just keep those cars coming.
AndyD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 672 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2006 - 12:25 PM UTC
Wow nicely done - just the thought of that many decals scares me... :-)
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Auto Modeler: 76 posts
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2006 - 07:23 PM UTC
Thanks for the kind words guys. The decals weren't all that much trouble other than not wanting to come off the carrier. I believe I had to let them set for a good 5 minutes to loosen up enough to come off. Once I got over this hurdle things went smoothly. I just finished an Opel Astra in bright orange. Not my favorite build now that it is done as there was some tricky masking and paint call outs that I missed. Overall it looks ok from about a foot. Again, the decals were a little resistant to come off. I'm finishing up a Porsche at the moment. Once it's complete, I'll get pics of my slowly forming fleet. Thanks again for the kudo's. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP