_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars: Other Racing
For automotive racing topics not already covered.
GTR R34 in progress
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Auto Modeler: 76 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 07:08 PM UTC
Posted this over on Hyperscale, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in cars there. Maybe if I added wings, bombs, and crosses :-) :-) Anyway, it's the Tamiya kit and is going together very well. No engine, but the office is nicely detailed. The two tone paint called for Italian Red, but after painting it, it looked more orange to me than red. After placing the decals next to it, sure enough, it was orange. Luckily I had a tin of Humbrol red on hand and it was a perfect match. Just waiting for the red to dry so I can mask and add the silver on the rear end of it. I was able to grab several more of these type kits over the last few days and am looking forward to building more of them. Hope you all enjoy the pics. Thanks for looking. "Q"

Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 09:02 PM UTC
You work fast Matthew. Wish I could crank out cars in that pace.
The red paintjob looks really good. Very nice shine.
The interior looks really good as well.

I have been meaning to buy some of these kits for along time. You have definitely inspired me to buy some very soon.

Looking forward to more.
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Auto Modeler: 76 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 09:45 AM UTC
Jesper,
Thanks. The kits go together very well. A lot of the painting calls for semi gloss black. Well, the majority of the kit is molded in black, so I just shoot a nice even coat of semi gloss clear and move on. Saves a lot of time with trying to paint all of it. Other than that, it is pretty straight forward. The hardest part is getting that nice gloss finish. Patience is definitely the key. I have the decal on this one drying over night. Should be ready for a semi gloss coat in the morning. I'll post it when it's done. Thanks again for the kind words. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP