_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars: Other Racing
For automotive racing topics not already covered.
R390 GT1 Updated
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Auto Modeler: 76 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 06:51 AM UTC
Here is a before and after shot of my Tamiya Nissan R390. I was able to do most of this detailing yesterday and today. The carbon fiber decals from Scale Motorsports really made a nice effect on the rear suspension "A" arms, air intake, and engine support rods. A lot of detail painting helped bring out the small stuff too. I just started prepping the body for its black and red paint scheme today. Hopefully, if all goes well, I will have the first coats laid down this week end. Thanks for looking, comments welcome. "Q"

Before-

And after-

@##%%$^&- I just noticed the seams on my shock! Arrrgh!.. Oh well such is life. I'll see if I can fix it from here...
Donald99
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 265 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 08:55 AM UTC
Looking good, that carbon fibre decal does make a difference. Will be eagerly waiting for the photos of the first coat of paint laid down.
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 11:09 PM UTC
Very nice Matthew the carbon fiber looks great as does the discolored metal on the turbos this is turning out very good i really like it when a clean build is done on these newer race cars it soots them.
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Auto Modeler: 76 posts
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2006 - 05:43 AM UTC
Thanks for the kudos guys. I'm kinda feelig guilty though. I have been totally engulfed building these cars and have tons of military stuff on the shelves that are giving me dirty looks Once I got started on these, it was hard to build somethig else. With each one I do, I figure out something, to make the next one easier and or better, hence the cycle repeats itself. Its nice to build something that doesn't require dust, mud, scratches, dings or camouflage for that matter. I was hoping to get at least one coat of paint down this week end, but I'm not sure that is going to happen as my schedule just got a little busier. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. Thanks for the kind words. I agree with you RV, these cars look good nice and clean "Q"
dvs911
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 64 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2006 - 03:36 PM UTC
Nice very nice!
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 04:02 PM UTC
Awesome work on the engine Matthew.
I agree with Robert, the discolored look of the turbos look really great.
TacFireGuru
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Auto Modeler: 359 posts
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2006 - 04:37 AM UTC
Matt,

I think you are now stuck on "shine." It'll be fun to watch you shift back to OD. :-)

Your models with "shine" are looking great! Keep it up and keep it posted!!

Mike (++) (++)
Hisham
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Auto Modeler: 50 posts
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2006 - 05:42 PM UTC
Beautiful looking engine. Ain't nothing wrong with building shiny's along side OD's!
Are those carbon fibre decals made for this paritular kit or are these sheets which you cut whatever size you need from? They really look good.
Looking forward to seeing some more cars from you.
woodstock74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,189 posts
Auto Modeler: 4 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 02:12 AM UTC
Hardly to be a kill-joy as the build is very nice, but the suspension a-arms and the frame connecting monocoque to end of the engine are all constructed out of steel, not carbon.
Clanky44
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Auto Modeler: 20 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 02:44 AM UTC
Solid bit of CF decaling there, Matthew, keep us posted.

Frank
 _GOTOTOP