_GOTOBOTTOM
The Garage
For general automotive modeling or non-modeling topics.
Dodge Viper GTS in progress
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 01:11 AM UTC
It's been a while since I have posted anything in the civilian models forum, so I'm glad I finally have something to show.
The model is Revell's 1/25 Dodge Viper GTS.
This model was generously donated by Engin Kayral/Graywolf, not long ago.
The basic idea for the paintsceme, is very much inspired by the Mopars of the very early 70's. The plan is to paint the body in plum crazy(Metallic purple) with matt black trimming, and matching interior and engine colors.
So far the interior is finished.
The body and some of the engine parts, have gotten the first, of what I will assume, will be two, coats of paint. I mixed the color using Humbrol purple, black and silver enamels. The mix doesn't have enough metal effect, so I will try and add a little silver to the final clear coat. In the pictures it looks more like dust, than metal flakes.
Since I do all my airbrushing out side and we're having a very long and cold winter, which seems never to end, I have been forced to paint the model with a brush. Not my favorit way to paint a car model, but I'm fairly pleased with the result so far.

Any commends/question are welcome.

rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 01:40 AM UTC
That looks good so far Jesper i like the color very bright, let me get this straight you painted the body with a brush if you did that is amazing if you didn't it still looks good, for your next pics some closer shots please i want to get a better look.
Cuhail
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Auto Modeler: 310 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 02:21 AM UTC
AHHHHH, modern American Muscle!
... in purple Better than "Hot Magenta", eh?)

Ha! I'm just kidding. Looks like a winner! Maybe brighten up your photos to see some nice detail? I know, by your photos, that you try to take them next to the window, but, after you download them from camera to computer, do some brightness adjustments and you'll be amazed at what you'll get.

Just a thought. Keep up the great modeling,
Cuhail
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 02:09 PM UTC
Hi guys

Thanks for your kind words gent's.

Quoted Text

let me get this straight you painted the body with a brush

Yes, I painted it with a brush. A very soft flat brush.

Quoted Text

in purple Better than "Hot Magenta", eh?)

I did mention my purple Viper, when commenting on your hot magenta Hot magenta interior would look pretty cool with my plum crazy exterior.

Quoted Text

Is the kit anygood?

Yes, it is a great kit.

I don't know why my pictures came out so small, in my post. They usually come out a lot bigger.
Larger photo's can be seen in my gallery. Just click the thumbnails, click the enlarged photo's once more and large photo's will open in a new window.
Pedro
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Auto Modeler: 51 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 02:52 PM UTC
The photos appear in the smaller version probably because you have copied the url of the small
picture in the gallery, as they come in two sizes now. I just dont know how to do it myself...

Very unusual coloron you gave this viper, quite creative. And the fact its brushed on is just amazing !
I tried this few times as a kid but the results were quite poor and I quickly switched to rattle spray cans

EDIT: I managed to post big picture by copying the url of a popup window .HTH

Cheers
Pedro
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 04:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Very unusual coloron you gave this viper

Definitely unusual for a modern car. My inspiration is an original color available for Mopars in 1970-71.
http://www.musclecars.dk/Animations/Debesogendes/151105oppe.JPG

Thanks for the large photo Pedro.
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Auto Modeler: 76 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 08:30 PM UTC
Nice Viper. I like the color. Thanks for sharing your work. "Q"
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2006 - 02:02 AM UTC
Thanks a lot matthew. I'll give it a second coat of paint tomorrow night. Will post more pictures when next coat of paint is dry.
Hopefully, by then, I have learned to post larger photo's.
 _GOTOTOP