_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars: Other Racing
For automotive racing topics not already covered.
Revell "Summit" Pro Stock car
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 05:39 AM UTC
Here is a NHRA Pro Stock Oldsmobile, driven by Mark Pawuk. This kit builds with no problems and are basic with very little detail. Doing some basic scratch building, adding some wires and hoses will enhance this racecar. For this car, I wanted to open it up. So I cut off the front end and drivers side door. In the engine department, I scratch built the tunnel ram and added most of the wire and hoses. The fitting were made from Evergreen hex rod, (I will submit an article on how to do that along with many other tips.) Throttle line and links were added, shift light and tech were made, 5 point safety harness using PE hardware. The safety net was made from tape, a fire suppression system was added in, a radio button was added to the steering wheel, and the air pressure shift housing was made from Evergreen plastic.The decals are from Slixx.com. Enjoy and if you have any comments, feel free to ask.

More photos can be found here, cars
Cuhail
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Auto Modeler: 310 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 06:12 AM UTC
I
AM
AWED!

Sweet, Sweet, Sweet, Sweet, Sweet!!!!!! Man, not only is this an awesome example of excellent modeling, it's the best reference for a pro stock race engine I've ever eyed!

Nice body chops too. The wiring in the drivers compartment is mui excellante!

Bravisimo!
Cuhail
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 10:18 AM UTC
Another awsome car Joe i like prostock cars even more than the funny cars i guess to me they just look more like hotrods, just like the funny car all the details look amazing. I guess i better get back to work.
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 11:34 AM UTC
I really really like this one. Beautiful paintjob. As with the funny car, the engine details are amazing.
Definitely looking forward to the article.
DODGE01RT
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 545 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 11:40 AM UTC
Nice job Joe,

I never could detail cars like that!Mainly why I put the hood down on mine.Easy way to cheet. :-) :-)

Jim
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Auto Modeler: 76 posts
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2006 - 06:42 AM UTC
A definite beauty. Very much interested in reading your how to for the all of the plumbing. I checked into some of the fittings for the braided hoses and was floored at how much they want. Your info on how you made yours has got me relieved though. Looking forward to reading it. Awesome build. I had the same kit many years ago, but it got trashed along the way. Thanks for sharing your work. "Q"
jackhammer81
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 12:10 PM UTC
Joe great work again, Your talent runs deep my friend Cheers Kevin
propboy44256
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 05:34 PM UTC
Great looking model. Hey I live about 20 miles from the SUMMIT racing parts corporate headquarters..If your a race car fan, you should see that place... A1 quality company.
cfbush2000
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 07:51 PM UTC
Another nice one Joe. I just checked out your link.
You have enough to keep you busy for a while. Where do you find the time to do your excellent helacopters?
Good stuff.

Chuck
KellyZak
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 641 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 08:29 PM UTC
Man oh man, sweeeet!! Excellent detailing, stunning work Joe! Gotta get me doing a car quick, too many in my pile and too many armour kits too! Paint looks great, can't stop looking at that interior shot! Well done!
 _GOTOTOP