_GOTOBOTTOM
The Garage
For general automotive modeling or non-modeling topics.
53' Stude' Starliner
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Auto Modeler: 76 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 09:37 AM UTC
I received this and another 53' Stude Starliner from a family friend almost 2 years ago. He is an absolute fanatic about Studebakers. I started this one right away, but quickly got sidetracked, and lost interest. I felt bad about it, but after acquiring my new found interest in cars, I decided I would at least get this one done and mailed to him. He even sent me an original 1953 catalog to make sure I got the colors correct. Talk about trust. Anyway, here it is. Strictly OOB. Light cream over red with a medium gray and light gray interior. Thanks for looking. "Q"

Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 12:12 PM UTC
A real classic. Beautiful model Matthew.
Excellent choice of colors. The paintjob looks great. Engine looks great as well. The windshield frame is not an easy thing to paint. All lines have to be perfectly staight. Even a small error will be quite visible. It looks as if you've nailed it perfect.
It looks as if the 8, in the V8, in the front isn't painted silver. Is it a trick of light, or is it supposed to be red?
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 09:16 PM UTC
Nice work Matthew, this is one you don't see very often a nice change of pace, the engine compartment looks very good and i really like the green color.
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Auto Modeler: 76 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

.....It looks as if the 8, in the V8, in the front isn't painted silver. Is it a trick of light, or is it supposed to be red?

You are correct. I just forgot to paint it. They are actually supossed to be gold, but gold does not take well to small areas like this, so I opted for the silver. I'll go back and fix it before I send it to my friend. Thanks for the kind words. "Q"
Cuhail
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Auto Modeler: 310 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 08:46 PM UTC
NNNIIIICCCEEE Stooty! I am sure your pal is happy with you again! :-)

Cuhail
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Auto Modeler: 112 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 08:50 PM UTC
One word: gorgeous!!!!
 _GOTOTOP