_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars: Other Racing
For automotive racing topics not already covered.
Nissan R390 Painted
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Auto Modeler: 76 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 09:43 AM UTC
I finally was able to get some paint on this thing. I am not totally happy with it though. I had some major orange peel issues, and had to repaint some of it. I sanded out most of the areas, but I went too deep in some places and the white plastic showed thru. I am debating whether to strip it and start over or leave it. I have another one coming in the mail, in fact, it's at the post office as I type. Red over black is not easy to accomplish, I can tell you that. I think the next one I am going to do in all red since the majority of the marking are all white. Anyway, here it is. Thanks for looking. "Q"
The splotchy looking areas on the front are from wet sanding. Its the water residue that is left over.

Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 11:34 AM UTC
A shame about the orange peel. The black coat looks ok, but the OP is quite visible on the red front.
Would it be posible, to strip the red paint of the front and repaint that part only?
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 11:13 PM UTC
The paint doesn't look that bad to me, maybe the decals will hide some of the orange peel. I would continue to try and sand it out if you can't live with it, if you sand threw in a few places you can always repaint, i wouldn't strip the entire car i would just wet sand again that will give you a good base to paint on and its a lot less work.
 _GOTOTOP