_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Landau
Snowhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Auto Modeler: 234 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 11:36 PM UTC
I have recently aqcuired the Trumpeter kit ( 1/25 ) and I am left with some questions.

Some comments first: I am rather disappointed by the lack of detail and/ or the softness of the details. I have come to expect quite some because I have good experiences with their armor and aircraft kits.

So, the questions:

1) Is the engine really that clean.. it hardly has any details. Also, what color should it be ? (305 cuI V8)

2) where can I find decent pictures of it ? the internet seems to be lacking in this respect.

Thanx in advance,

Richard

Pedro
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Auto Modeler: 51 posts
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2006 - 03:04 AM UTC
Hi Richard, here are two links from carnut.com, one with some 1978 chevys and one for 1979, as I think those chevys didn't changed that much in a year.
One of the 1978 Malibus has opened hood and engine bay looks quite empty, and Malibu seems to have the same front end as Monte Carlo...?

http://www.carnut.com/photo/list/chev/_chev78m.html
http://www.carnut.com/photo/list/chev/_chev79m.html

Cheers
Pedro
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2006 - 03:39 AM UTC
Hey Richard,
The engines in the 70's are pretty simple, spark plug wires, rad. and heater hose and so on. As for the color, it's GM blue. Many a times I sprayed the engine Chevy orange, always hated that blue color. The 305 and 350 have the same set-up. Only difference is internally, cam, crank and bore size.

Snowhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Auto Modeler: 234 posts
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2006 - 11:11 PM UTC
Thanx guys, these pics are definately helpfull

I allready was wondering why during the instructions, they'd ask you to paint the engine orange, but at the end, they said blue lol.

Ah well.. i am sure i have more questions as the build is getting closer to completion.

First to finish now: Tamiya's 1999 Toyota Celica
 _GOTOTOP