60's & 70's Classics
67 Chevelle Commission
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Auto Modeler: 41 posts
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2006 - 05:03 AM UTC
My brother-in-law asked to replicate his 67 Chevelle SS396 for, ah, well, his wedding cake.
Here is the result:

Mostly out of box...not a pleasant kit to work on. The fornt axels have very unclear instructions on which way is up. The instructions tell you to add the bumpers before the body is placed on the frame (which was warped) which would have dislodged the bumper.
I did have some fun doing the vinyl roof with 3 sheets of masking tape to get the texture. I didn't have time to replace my ancient bare metal foil which had either lost its adhession or had too little surface to grip.
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2006 - 07:42 AM UTC
No, I left him a message his cell that it's ready. We're leaving for vacation for a week and I need ot know if next week is cutting it too close for his needs. (8 July is his big day.)

And thanks for the kind words.
Snowhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Auto Modeler: 234 posts
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2006 - 10:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

My brother-in-law asked to replicate his 67 Chevelle SS396 for, ah, well, his wedding cake.
Here is the result:

Mostly out of box...not a pleasant kit to work on. The fornt axels have very unclear instructions on which way is up. The instructions tell you to add the bumpers before the body is placed on the frame (which was warped) which would have dislodged the bumper.
I did have some fun doing the vinyl roof with 3 sheets of masking tape to get the texture. I didn't have time to replace my ancient bare metal foil which had either lost its adhession or had too little surface to grip.

Was this the AMT kit ????

AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 07:40 AM UTC
Yes, it was, "Builder's Choice" or something like that, though the only choices were the wheels and the graphics.
Snowhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Auto Modeler: 234 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 04:12 PM UTC
If only AMT would bring it's tooling up to 21st century standard.

You did a nice job on it though. Have fun
 _GOTOTOP