Cars: NASCAR
For NASCAR car kits.
Progress- Kevin Harvick 2003 Chevy
cb1000f
KitMaker: 386 posts
Auto Modeler: 345 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 01:37 AM UTC
heres one im working on.
revell kit of Dale Jr to start. with Slixx decals to build Harvick's 2003 ride.

I use Krylon paints, Black & Aluminum
and added some PE bolt heads on the cowl, and spoiler bolts then cleared the car to seal them all in nice

not much need to polish this so i just gave it a coat of old turtle wax. works good!

cb1000f
Posted: Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 07:42 AM UTC
one more update tonight

i polished the windows and added some details on them

Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 11:57 PM UTC
Looks like another masterpiece in the making here. That looks absolutely amazing James.
Good old turtle wax, is available everywhere. Perhaps I should give it a try.

What do you use for polishing the windows?

Looking forward to next update.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 09:12 AM UTC
Great job on the decals James, your line separations look spot on! I have to hand it to you, today’s NASCAR’s are harder to paint and decal. Your tires look great as well. How much work is going into the chassis and engine, and will you add in the roof flap cable detail. Slixx has some of the best decals, it’s a shame they had to stop producing their NASCAR series due to the licensing. Again a great looking car, and looking forward to seeing her finished.

BTW: Harvick’s red scheme was my favorite.

Joe
cb1000f
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 11:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great job on the decals James, your line separations look spot on! I have to hand it to you, today’s NASCAR’s are harder to paint and decal. Your tires look great as well. How much work is going into the chassis and engine, and will you add in the roof flap cable detail. Slixx has some of the best decals, it’s a shame they had to stop producing their NASCAR series due to the licensing. Again a great looking car, and looking forward to seeing her finished.

BTW: Harvick’s red scheme was my favorite.

Joe

chassis is just gonna be box stock, i dont add the engine, this is just a shelf model so i just like to make it look cool from the outside...
 _GOTOTOP