Scale motorcycle modeling topics.
The red bike WIp
turrettoad13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 607 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 01:35 AM UTC
For now the working title for this one is the red bike . This is the Revell Aces Wild kit , it has only a few of the same parts as the Crusader kit . I think Revell did a good job in making this a different bike from the other kit . It has been thru the paint booth twice today . I shot a coat of white gloss , then put a net on it and shot a coat of purple . It looked like a bad easter egg after the paint dried you win some loose some [B)] - bad pics of this to follow . So I tried the Burgunday red metallic paint with much better results . I also stripped the chrome parts last night , Superclean strips chrome in about 30 seconds . I'm going to try the Alclad chrome after I clean the seams on the parts. On the first bike it seemed I was cleaning up fingerprints more than I was building . Well thats it for now , thanks for looking and enjoy Toad .

slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Auto Modeler: 408 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 06:13 AM UTC
Nice job so far. Its a different color road. I'm so used to bright outlandish colors that this dark base is intriging.

Check the last photo the wheel looks a bit off kilter. Could just be WIP results, just be careful when final assembly comes.
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 11:19 AM UTC
I really like what you have done so far. Great choice of color.
I have some Alclad2 chrome, but have yet to try it. Looking forward to seeing the "new" chrome.
 _GOTOTOP