_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Red bike WIP up-date
turrettoad13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 607 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 01:10 AM UTC
After the first coat of paint dried I started to change my mind on where I wanted to go with this kit . I looked thru a few bike mags did a bit of brain storming and went to work .So I got the Dremmel fired up took a deep breath and went to cutting . I cut the front of the frame behind the foot pegs and up to the neck . It was re -placed with evergreen tube re-enforced with wire . I made a double streched diamond inside the front frame from strip steryne . I extended the fork 1 cm to raise the nose . I added width and drooped the handle bars just a hair . I cut out a diamond from a playing card to use as a template for the gas tank , I might add a speedomter in the center . I'm trying to scratch a head light into a diamond shape , it looks terrible right now . I'm putting a bit of work in the pipes as well , just trying to route them right the 2nd time .I decided to use plastic square stock and brass angle for this . Just having too much fun with this one , over doing it losing my mind and talking to the kit . Ya'll take care , thanks for looking Toad .

Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 11:42 AM UTC
Looks like you've started a big project here. It looks quite impressive so far.
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Auto Modeler: 408 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 04:00 PM UTC
That's a nice start - you know with all the TV shows about custom buiding bikes and cars and such I think I see a campaign or two getting going soon.

A ModelGeek Biker Build Off........
turrettoad13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2006 - 03:47 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments guys . I did a dry fit to see if everything looked and fit right before hitting the paint again . I took a couple of teaser pics . I made a mold of the back and front fenders , the back looks ok - still need to work on the front one . I'll do some clean up, hit the paint , all the small parts , xtra detail then touch up and it should be done . Later Toad .

slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Auto Modeler: 408 posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2006 - 06:34 AM UTC
Lookin' good. I love the shape of the rear fender, but in the 1st photo it looks like it will drag the ground. In the last photo it looks ok though, so I'm confused. Will it sit ok?
As far as the front fender, it looks ok as is. If you can create a test version or two I would try to remove the lip on the front and or extend the back down farther to match the rear fender more.

One thing I'm not sure about is the 1st photo under the tank in front there is a triangular gap. I don't get what thats for, do you have plans for that area? It might look cool to fill it in and smooth it out to give an even flow.
turrettoad13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2006 - 08:48 PM UTC
Slodder , thanks for pointing out the gap . It is a left over brace from the frame , there is a locater pin in there and I'm just leaving it there for now . Even though this is still a dry fit - I missed that completley . A bit of evergreen and it will be fixed . The rear fender will clear with no prob. I'm messing around with a different design for both fenders and if it works out then I'll put the long fenders on the next build . I stripped the paint and I'll go back with the red metallic mixed with "dusty -rose " . The diamond theme will be a bit overdone on this bike just to get it out of my systyem . Thanks for looking , Toad .
 _GOTOTOP