_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Civilian 1/35 Car Help
squeakyclean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 265 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 08:43 PM UTC
Hi guys

I just posted this over on Armorama and was advised to post it here too, hope you can help.

Do any of you know of any 1/35 Civilian car kits available for a WW2 dio? I've searched through the suppliers (most of 'em) and come up with nothing.

I'm wanting something French or German, rusted, up on blocks in a French/Dutch back garden, short of scratch building something I havn't come across anything other than a modern burnt out car.

Any help or suggestions would be great!

Thanks in advance

Matt
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Auto Modeler: 408 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 12:49 AM UTC
In a true 1/35 scale version - you are going to be very hard pressed to find one. You can get some in 1/32 scale which may be acceptable.

You'll probably have to go with a Diecast car from somewhere like Corgi .
Removed by original poster on 09/15/06 - 07:38:38 (GMT).
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Auto Modeler: 203 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 05:38 AM UTC
Various Resin Companies do 1/35 cars that would fit into the civilian role, just a different paint color. Most are expensive, and usually hard to track down since they really aren't the top sellers. Here's two that I know of off the top of my head.

Wespe Models
Azimut

As for rusted and up on blocks, you get to do that yourself, Just pretend you're in Newark NJ, and it will turn out looking fine. :-)
squeakyclean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 265 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 07:13 PM UTC
Many thanks guys but its as I feared, any of the resin offerings are actually military vehicles and although they'd work in a civilian role they are 1940's models and I'm looking for something from the 1920's or 30's to allow for the broken down condition and rust.

it looks like I'll have to challenge myself again and build something from scratch! Its not needed until my next project, so I've got plenty of time...

Thanks again for the help.

Matt
 _GOTOTOP