Scale motorcycle modeling topics.
Team Honda Pons in progress update
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2006 - 08:23 AM UTC

Thought i would post a few new pics, i installed the engine in the frame and the rear tire and suspension, Tamiya did a great job of appyling a very natural Aluminuim finish to the subframe and rear suspension but when glued together their is a large seam running down the middle of the swing arm i had to sand most of the finish off and i resprayed it with Testors chrome and
then sprayed it with Testors Metalizer sealer this toned the chrome down enough to look convincing i think, I also tried to get the discolored look of the exhaust system let me know what you think any and all comments welcome.
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 12:02 PM UTC
This looks great Robert. I really like the look you've achieved on the subframe.
The discolored exaust looks pretty good.
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 05:11 PM UTC
Thanks Jesper i wasn't shore if the rear subframe would look good but this was the best i could do without buying some of that alcad paint that stuff is way to expensive, i applied a few decals to the rear fender and the that was on semigloss black paint and they stuck great no silvering it looks like the decals are awsome.
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Auto Modeler: 408 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 07:12 PM UTC
Nice job so far. I echo the blue tone on the exhaust, very nice.

So,how long does it take to build a motorcycle?
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 08:23 PM UTC
Thanks Scott as this is my first bike i wasn't shore how to proceed in several areas but so far i am pleased, to answer your question i think for me the total build time should be no more than 1 month.
 _GOTOTOP