Scale truck modeling topics.
Scania 143R
HawkeyeV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 319 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2007 - 02:49 AM UTC
Since we don't see many of these rigs here in the US, I was wondering if anyone had a couple of pictures they could send me of the Wrecker version. I have just received the Italeri kit to do a review build. Before I 'westernize' it I would like to see some pictures of it in real life. I've tried the Scania website and they didn't have any information on this configuration and Italeri doesn't have any real world pictures of it either. Is this truck a dream?

[email protected]
Snowhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Auto Modeler: 234 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 12:32 AM UTC
Try an image google 'Scania berging'

Turned up some pics here.

Regards,

Richard
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Auto Modeler: 203 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 01:27 AM UTC
I agree with Richard, I googled Scania 143 and came up with over 10 pages of images.
HawkeyeV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 06:32 PM UTC
I did search and looked at hundreds of images, none of which were of this wrecker configuration. I did find one which was close, a dumpster hauler with a lifting arm and hook but no wrecker bodies. I will use my God given imagination and come up with a scheme that should prove interesting. Some of the photos I saw were useful and I will incorporate those into the build.
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Auto Modeler: 203 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 11:29 PM UTC
Probably because the wrecker body is made by a different manufacture than the chassis manufacture. You would need to know who's body you want to portray on the Scania chassis. Again a google of "wrecker bodies" turns up plenty of manufactures and photos of the various bodies, as does "tow trucks".

HTH
HawkeyeV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 06:18 PM UTC
Italeri could have included that information in the kit, but they didn't. Like you said knowing who's wrecker body they used would make finding references easier. Maybe one of their college interns did the design of the wrecker body included in the kit. I'll proceed on my own, I have found some useful information.
Stormbringer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 06:21 AM UTC
Try having a look at

www.scaniafreak.nl

there may be a pic or 2 on there to help you.

Pete
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 03:03 AM UTC
Hey, if all else fails, build what ya want...like a Dodge L700 tandem rear axle{never made}...we don't count rivets here gerald...try the OEM way and then go your own if that fails. Your limited by your own imagination...and building materials.
 _GOTOTOP