_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Modeler Spotlight
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Auto Modeler: 408 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 04:53 PM UTC
This new feature is going to be a bit of a twist feature. It’s a “Modeler Spotlight” with your input. There are other articles that highlight the work of a modeler after the fact or are just all about the modeler. The modeler in the ModelGeek’s Spotlight will take your input on what to build and then we will follow along on the build. The modeler will post WIP photos and answer questions etc via threads. The focus will be on using things easily accessible for anyone so everyone can benefit from the build. The Spotlight will wrap up with a final feature and apex at a drawing for a giveaway. The giveaway will be based on how well you follow along and participate with the modeler (more details later).

The modeler under the spotlight is mother - Joe Szczygielski

The first step is for your input in this poll HERE

Go to the poll and vote for which of these cars he should build.
Choice 1. - Jeff Gordon’s Billion Dollar Monte Carlo using Slixx decals, scale 1/24th

Choice 2. - Gene Snow’s Charger Funny Car, scale 1/25th

Choice 3. - Joe Amato’s Superman Dragster, scale 1/25th

Choice 4. - Warren Johnson’s Superman Pro Stock, scale 1/24th

mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 03:07 AM UTC
First I’d like to thank Scott for putting this together and setting it up…thanks Scott!

All right, well here is the plan. This well be a full scale build starting from cleaning up the kit right down to painting and decals. Also the plan is to add in as much detail as possible using stuff that can be found around the house. I’ll also show the different aftermarket products out, but the goal here is to do without.

The object here is to try to get as many of you to join in on this build and spark up some interest. There is no time frame here, this will be paced out over time, I know we all have other projects going on…including me. So lets get voting and crack open one of theses kits. Please feel free to vote even if your not planning on to build along.

Happy Modeling,
Joe
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 07:44 PM UTC
Bump
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2007 - 04:34 PM UTC
Bump - and it looks like a tie so far between Gordon and Snow

Who's going to nose out the competition and get to the build table?
 _GOTOTOP