_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
1/24 Pinstriping Decals and a 58' Impala.
lestweforget
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 09:32 AM UTC
G'day guys
Well its been a LOOOONG time since ive done a car kit, rods and customs were the first models i ever built and was heavily into them for many years, so i figure its time to get back into the game.
I just won this on ebay....

Should be a real beaut, i plan on either chopping and lowering the roof or completely removing it and making it a convertable, and probably lowering the whole car as well, i'm thinking Candy apple red with (if possible) pink or white pinstripe detailing along the body.
Which brings me to my question, who (if anyone) makes 1/24 or 1/25 aftermarket decals for customs, eg pinstripes, flames etc...

Well hope someone can help, youll be seing progress pics once i start the build.
Cheers
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 11:07 AM UTC
Hey David.

It's great to see you at the Automotive forum.

Slixx decals inc. Makes a few decals sheets with flames and scallops.
http://www.slixx.com/
lestweforget
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 02:18 PM UTC
G'day Jesper
Cheers mate great to be here
These decals look great should look nice on the Impala!
Cheers
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Auto Modeler: 408 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 04:59 PM UTC
Sounds pretty cool. I like the idea of the lower look vs the convertable.

mmmm pink stipes? Not sure about that, I'd go muscle strong color if anything or two tone red-black or red-yellow or red-gold pins.
lestweforget
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 07:35 AM UTC
G'day Scott
might have to go red black anyway seings the only decals out there (the Slixx ones) are red.
Saw the pink pinstripes on a candy apple red car at my towns rod and customs show last year and it looked pretty cool thats what gave me the idea.
Speaking of which its coming up in November and is the second biggest show in Australia (we have LOTS of hotrod shows here), if you would all like to see pics ill post em here come Nov.
Cheers
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 08:11 AM UTC
Well well well look who it is…it’s o’l Davy B. How the heck you doing, it’s good to see you back on and picking out a great looking Chevy for your first build coming back on. Welcome back bro…

The build sound pretty cool, I like the candy red idea. I to are unsure to the pink pin striping, see I didn’t see the car you saw for reference. Some hotrods looks good with certain paint and striping scheme, but no always do they look right for others. Dave I’m in no way of telling what to do, you know me better than, it’s just some advice…keep us posted on your progress.

Happy Modeling,
Joe
lestweforget
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2007 - 07:47 AM UTC
G'day Joe
did you get my PM?
Yeah i dunno i guess what im gonna do is play it by year, when im gonna paint it ill decide what color and what graphics to apply, i just saw one in gloss black with red pinstriping and it looked pretty classy, might be a good way to go.
I will definitely keep you posted.
Cheers!
 _GOTOTOP