For NASCAR car kits.
Carl Edwards
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 07:52 AM UTC
My wife is a Carl Edwards fan, but models of his cars are non-existant. Now, I'm a truck guy, and I admit that I don't know a lot about NASCAR, but would it be possible to convert another driver's car to his? Do decals exist for other drivers? What about the "Car of Tomorrow"? Can existing kits be converted to the CoT? (Ok, I know a little about NASCAR)

Jim
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 08:25 AM UTC
Hello Jim,
Yes you can use any of the existing AMT or Revell/Monogram Ford kits. There are some decals out for the Carl Edwards car, Look on eBay under his name. Here's one...

Carl Edwards

Here is a great article to follow along to get started and a great place to find decals and building tips.

NASCAR MODELS

As for the COT car, no nothing yet. But I sure it won't be long before we see some sort of resin conversion set out, I have seen them in die-cast though. Be sure to keep us posted on your choice and feel free to ask any questions.

Joe
cb1000f
KitMaker: 386 posts
Auto Modeler: 345 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 10:36 AM UTC
JWTBM makes his decals, they fit on the revell kit, or even a diecast if thats what you want to use.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze23f44/mikesdecals/id121.html
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 11:25 PM UTC
Thanks for the help, guys. I was hoping for something a little more recent that went on the Fusion. Does anyone make a Fusion NASCAR yet?

Jim
 _GOTOTOP