The figure comes in standard Pegaso Models blue cardboard box with a color photo of the full figure painted by Danilo Cartucci
. This photo on the front cover can be used as a painting reference. All parts arrive sandwiched between two slabs of thick gray polyfoam. Small parts are secured in a plastic bag.
Painting guide in 2 languages (Italian and English) prepared by Marco Giuliani
is also supplied in the kit.
The figure is sculpted by Pietro Balloni
and made up of 11 white metal parts. All parts are clean casted, very well detailed and crisp. No serious cleaning, sanding or filling is required. Mounds, holes and pins on the figure helps you for an easy and perfect fit. No cleanwork with a knife is needed because there are no noticeable seamlines on the figure. Brushing with a wirebrush to remove slightly visible seamlines and cleaning the figure with a mild detergent and old toothbrush make all details apparent and remove the chemicals used during casting process. Keep in my mind that paint adhere much better on metal figures after priming.
Main part is the torso with left arm and left leg. Left arm is posed to put his hand on waist. Cloth folds of surcoat, holes and buckles on belts, arm and leg armor plates, shoulder and knee guards are well defined. There is a small hole on the left side to make the sword in scabbard part assembly easier and good fit.
Right leg in chain mail covered with surcoat fits to the main part very good. Hole on this part and mound on the main part face each other good with no space between and it helps to pose the right leg in correct position. Chainmail texture, knee guard and surcoat folds are well represented. Small hole on the right side makes the assembly of the dagger easier and good fit.
Other parts are;
- The head with helmet ; he wears a mail coif under his helmet and also has an extra chainmail nape protector on the backside of his helmet. There is a hole on the top for the crest supplied as a seperate part. Flower designs embroidered on both sides of the helmet are well defined. Two small holes next to flower designs are to fit the visor part easily. Face has good details with a moustache.
- Visor of the helmet ; it makes a good fit to the holes on the helmet.
- Crest of the helmet ; it looks like a fan with 6 small balls on top. Pin part that will fit to the hole on the helmet looks a little longer than it should be but I advice you to drill the hole more instead of cutting the pin on crest to make a strong bond between these parts.
- Right arm ; chainmail, upper arm plate and shoulder guard is well defined. There is a hole on the wrist to make a good fit with the right arm.
- Right hand carrying a spear headed pole with a waving triangle standard.
- Sword in scabbard ; well casted with a good tiny design on pommel.
- Dagger ; well casted with good details on handle and pommel.
- Kite shield ; Leather straps and the minor battle damage on the shield are well represented.
- Figure base ; Ground texture and small rocks are well defined. There is a hole for the left foot and a groove for the correct fit of the shield.
Nice posing figure casted in good details, ease on clean, good fit and pleasure of painting a colorful medieval figure. A good figure to have a pleasent painting period and to display on shelf.
Thanks to Luca Marchetti
of Pegaso Models
for the review sample.
The review of another figure of Pegaso Italian Knights 1280 series ; 54086 Florentine Knight
can be seen here