Scale truck modeling topics.
Emergency Vehicle Charger
john111
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
Auto Modeler: 9 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 04:14 PM UTC
Looks really good, I really like the ideal with the light bar, cant belive what they want for the cost of a rebuilt light bar.
I got my chrome parts soaking right now, just got done buffing up my tires, getting a lot of goods ideals with your built.. Thanks for the help.
Removed by original poster on 02/14/09 - 01:26:22 (GMT).
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
Auto Modeler: 522 posts
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 - 01:25 PM UTC
John, no problem. I just glad that I could help someone. I've learned a load of stuff from the other guys around here. I should have an update pic of my charger in a day or two. Oh yeah, don't forget to sign up for the emergency vehicle campaign. You're building a cop car anyways, why not get a ribbon for it?

Hermon
john111
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
Auto Modeler: 9 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 11:23 PM UTC
Howdy,

When you have a minute check this out "

2007 Dodge Charger Police Package by Edmunds' Inside Line

on youtube theres more just search for police chargers.

John111
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 11:40 AM UTC
Anyone still alive around here?
Here is an update of my Charger COP car. The gloss white paint is on. The sunroof has been filled, etc.
Second pic showes the choices of wheels I have for this one. The big one is the kit wheel that I dechromed and painted black. The little one is from an Acura kit but painted black it looks real close to the factory cop car wheels. Whaddya think? Also in that pic is my finished scratchbuilt push bar with lights and stuff.
Third pic is a search light I made from some airplane clear lenses and stuff.

Should be putting on the decals this week and then I'll tackle making another light bar. I need to finish this one up so's I can start building another airplane.......and a train.

Hermon
KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Auto Modeler: 851 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 02:16 PM UTC
Progress is looking good with all the scratch going on.

The wheels - black, good color choice. Can you find deeper ones like the Interceptor?
http://www.lastinterceptor.com/ReplicaStats/images/black/Rep16.jpg

The lights and push bar look great!

old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 03:55 PM UTC
The "toothbrush" was found at walgreens.... if you really decide to redo the one you have...I like it the way it is, but that's me.
98% of the squads in my town are ford crown vics or chevy caprices, but they just got a few magnums for the higher ups to cruise in and from the looks of them they run regular semi gloss black rims with little derbys in the center like the fords do...police package equipment. The chevy's run chrome lugnuts and no hubcap or derby at all.....the chevy lil caps don't stay on well!
Mind you....that's "here".
KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 04:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

. . .98% of the squads in my town are ford crown vics or chevy caprice. . .

me too

rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 07:10 AM UTC
Nice work Hermon, i like the factory wheels painted black, the Acura wheels look good but i don't think they will fill the wheel wells up enough.
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 10:28 AM UTC
Thanks guys

KSO, no dice on the wheels. All I've got in the stash is left overs from other kits. Craggers, Centerlines, etc.
Bob, believe it or not there isn't a Walgreens near here. I've checked a couple of places but nobody has the clear. I like my "SPOON" light but I made the blue sections way to big. I'm gonna make another with less blue and more clear. The pic I have of the actual Phili cop car has the black uglies with the chrome center cap.
Robert, I like the factory rims too. A little to flashy for a cop car but they look cool in black.

BTW, I started the decals last night. The colors and registry are perfect but man they are some really THICK decals. Gonna take mucho coats of clear to even everything out.

Hermon
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 02:09 PM UTC
Got the decals on her tonight. Did I mention they were really......THICK!?
Anyway, this is how she looks as of 10 min ago. Wheels (both sets) are now painted black and I may install both sets and take pic's and see what ya'll like best.

Again, I have enough of these decals to do like 5 more cars so if any of you guys decide you want a set for something later on down the road just gimmie a yell cause I'll probably never use them.

Hermon
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 - 06:11 AM UTC
Great work Hermon, i really like how it looks with the decals, i want to see how it looks with the wheels on.
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 05:01 PM UTC
OK, I'm officially calling my police Charger finished. The decals are on and so are the scratch built front push bar and antenna. I broke down and bought a cheap ($4.00) used half built cop car kit from a co-worker just so I could use the light bar. I also added the black wheels with chrome centers from that kit to this one. They are a bit small but I don't believe they look TOO bad. After scratch building all the interrior stuff I realized it can't really be seen because the back windows are all tinted.
Anyways.....here she is. It's done.

Thanks to you guys who followed this build. It was pretty cool scratch building things for the first time and I leaned alot of good stuff in the process. That said, I'm glad this one is done. Now I can focus on my SL&L build as well as a few others.

Hermon
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 02:21 AM UTC
Looks nice. Good job.

Jim
matt
Staff MemberGroup Build Administrator
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Auto Modeler: 160 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 02:46 AM UTC
Sweet!!!!!

now if I could get over this modelers ADD I'd prolly have more done.
KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 01:38 PM UTC
Totally looks like a cop car. The decals are super clean looking, like painted. The wheels look fine, again looks like a cop car.
What type of camera do you have? Can you take macro shots of the interior?

VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, March 06, 2009 - 12:53 PM UTC
Thanks guys. I honestly could have done a better job but I just wanted to get this one off the desk.
KSO, I use my wifes Cannon XTI. It's awsome but as far as macro I really don't know. All I know for sure is when you try to take a REALLY close up it focuses on whatever is in the center of the frame and everything else is blurry.

Hermon
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 05:35 PM UTC
Wow man...very nice!
Hey, when you snapped that last angled pic, where did you focus at...the front quarter? Curious....wonder if you focus farther back like between the doors the depth of field would be better to bring the back of the car in focus{gotta love these modern cameras that set they're own depth of field}.

..oh, just put a coat of paint on the cab of my rescue truck....wooooooooooow your gonna need sunglasses to view that one!{acid green}
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 02:36 AM UTC
Nice work Hermon, decals look great the wheels are a little small but they look good, well done.
 _GOTOTOP