For Formula 1 racing modelers.
New 1:20 Formula 1 kits
KenLawrence
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 123 posts
Auto Modeler: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 01:32 PM UTC
Many of you have heard of EBBRO die-cast cars. Well, now they are starting a line of 1:20 plastic Classic Formula 1 car kits.

Their first kit is a 1970 Lotus 72C (EB 20-001) which will be released this month. You can see it on our web-site at:
www.pacmodels.com. We are taking Pre-Orders now. We can be contacted at: [email protected]. Thanks and

Best Regards,

Ken Lawrence
Pacific Coast Models, Inc.
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 06:56 AM UTC
If the kit is of the same quality, as their die-cast models, we're in for a real treat.
Thanks for the heads up Ken.
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,974 posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2013 - 07:22 AM UTC
Ken, I just saw those kits on your site, and did a little research via google. The Ebbro kits are beautifully detailed, and the equal to Tamiya, Hasegawa, and Fujimi. The head designer was the former head designer for Tamiya, so you know that attention to detail and execution will be 1st rate. One of the issues I've always had is that the exhausts, and engines were comprised of way too many pieces, making precise assembly very, difficult. The Ebbro kits have just two piece exhausts that make it a no brainer, and a a simpler engine build, yet still retains the duplication of the real deal sub assemblies.

While I'm mostly a armor modeler these days, my heart will always be in the formula 1 and indy cars of the 60's and 70's. I don't care much for today's wing wonders, but now I have the opportunity to build replicas from the my era. What's more they're only priced at $59 each.
Joel
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,974 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 03:08 AM UTC
Has anyone built any of these kits yet? I've done several Google searches, and only one build has been posted, but it's in German.

Joel
c5flies
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Auto Modeler: 294 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 03:08 PM UTC
I just ordered one of these so I'll get an in-box review published to give an idea of what you get. A build...well, that'll take a little longer
DaveCox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Auto Modeler: 231 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 05:27 PM UTC
They look good, but in the UK at least they make Tamiya look cheap!

Far too expensive for me.
c5flies
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Auto Modeler: 294 posts
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 - 01:50 AM UTC
I agree Dave, quite pricy. That's one of the reasons I ordered one so I can share what you actually get for your money.

What kind of bummed me out was the kit I ordered, the Lotus Type 72E 1973, does not come with the JP markings...which are offered separately at quite a bump in price.
 _GOTOTOP