_GOTOBOTTOM
Paint & Finish
For automotive paint and finishing topics.
RE:1/18th sprint car decals
Wolf-Leader
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 1,225 posts
Auto Modeler: 14 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 01:22 PM UTC
Ok I'm not complaining just venting,but I really would like to know how can someone post a message like the one I did earlier and like I said in the previous post "I've asked many people about making them but for some reason they are not interested or their computer can handle the task" when this is supposed to be a car modeling forum?
There has got to be someone out there that knows how to make decals and also be willing to do so! The reason why I'm feeling this way is that I've already built my car and now it is just sitting collecting dust waiting to be finished if and when it will ever happen.
HELP.
DaveCox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Auto Modeler: 231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 06:40 PM UTC
Hi Jody

I suspect that most people don't have a printer capable of the resolution needed to make decals. Mine prints A4 photographs at a standard that can be framed, but when I tried making decals I got jagged lines on the curves and almost unreadable lettering. You also need the right software to generate the graphics in the first place.
damoore46
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 107 posts
Auto Modeler: 49 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 03:50 AM UTC
I believe that Dave Cox is right. And, there are not the number of decal makers that handle autos that make decals for aircraft and armor. There seems to be alot of decal makers in the world of model airliners, so I would suggest that you contact one of them. Just do a google search for airliner decals and maybe something with come up for you.

Do you have a scheme that the maker can use, or do you need them to draw it up for you? That can also make a big difference in getting it done, and there is a cost factor.

David
 _GOTOTOP