_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Buick Battle Cruiser
Stickframe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Auto Modeler: 431 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 10:36 AM UTC
Hey guys - thanks for the comments! I'm getting it painted and detailed.

Matt - thanks! That's exactly what I'm glad to read!

Darrell and Thomas - glad you guys like it so far. The weapons are 1/24 scale 20mm cannons.

The fender mounted are supposed to go on a spitfire - I really like the aluminum fairings - they go well with the aerodynamic look of the fenders. The pen idea is great! The genre seems to always have weapons on the hood or fenders. I could rationalize the fender mounting more easily than on the hood...would you really want to remove them anytime you needed to get to the engine?! Not me...

The weapons in the CROWS are from a typhoon. The basic layout of the CROWS is based on a few 1/35 kits I've built, using junk box parts. The real trick was to get it set up at the right height above the car roof.

Thanks again for checking it out!
Nick
HARV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Auto Modeler: 182 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 05:23 AM UTC
Just happened to open and view this post. Awesome build you have going on there Nick. I love stuff dealing with the apocalypse. I am now following your build and I am looking forward to your next installment.

Randy
Stickframe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 - 12:04 AM UTC
Hi model builders - - I'm calling the Buick done!

Hi Randy - thanks for the comments - - I remember that Mad Max Interceptor you built a few years ago - man, nice build!

As you'll see below, it was nice and sunny over the weekend, so I took the car out to the park - and took some photos - take a look:

As you can see above, this project in my eyes, represented the ideal opportunity to push the boundaries of weathering and abuse! The paint is almost all Vallejo model air, but a bit of AK washes here and there. I sprayed Tamiya grey primer from a can. A few more:

The outdoor photos really bring the colors out - hopefully the various rust, scrapes, grime etc show clearly -

Finally a few more, but indoors:

This one is done! thanks for checking it out!

Cheers

Nick
justsendit
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Auto Modeler: 64 posts
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 - 01:18 AM UTC
Hey Nick!
Very cool!!! I really like the faded blue/gray, simple 'Punisher' skull, the visor, slat armor, and the gun belts feeding from under the hood! ... Makes me want to stop washing my truck!

PS: I think everything would be legal with exception to the window tint in my state!

—mike
Trisaw
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Auto Modeler: 41 posts
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 - 06:22 AM UTC
Wow, that looks great! The trunk double-barrel weapon looks wickedly cool! It really does look like a Mad Max vehicle. Great job!
KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Auto Modeler: 851 posts
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 - 07:41 AM UTC
Nick,
Very well done. All the details contributed to this Buick's Attitude!

Adding to Mike's 'road legal' comment… I think it needs plates and at least a driver side rear view mirror

AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 - 08:42 AM UTC
I love it! Every aspect of it. Nothing else to add, I just love it !

Cheers, D
Stickframe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 - 12:22 PM UTC
Hey guys, glad you like it! I was a bit worried

Mike - Mr Eagle Eye - Yeah - mixing modern armor, and, well, something else! Thanks for noticing the bits that make the beast - I think this became as much a design challenge as a build -

Peter, between you and Matt! Thanks! Your various hints essentially served as the catalyst for giving this concept a go. The idea behind the trunk mounted weapon is the modern CROWS - there's a gear driven base for horizontal control, and hydraulic Rams for vertical. If you go back and look at the images you'll see two green dots representing optics located in the box above the guns - I'm glad it "fits"

Ko Sprue One - yeah! Thanks very much, I appreciate your note about the car's attitude! Funny enough, I don't mind your idea of those mirrors....hmmm - nope - it's done!

Hi Damian - great! I'm glad you like it! Certainly a bit out of the ordinary for me - It was fun mixing and matching....and best of all, NO rules!!

Cheers
Nick
KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Auto Modeler: 851 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 06:54 AM UTC
LOL… I was just replying to Mike's "Road Legal" comment.

I wouldn't add anything. Great job!

HARV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Auto Modeler: 182 posts
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2016 - 08:17 AM UTC
A most excellent car Nick. I absolutely love it. Well done on all aspects of your build. Definitely a build that you can be very proud of. I'm looking forward to your next project.

Randy

Quoted Text

Hi Randy - thanks for the comments - - I remember that Mad Max Interceptor you built a few years ago - man, nice build!

You're welcome Nick. And thank you for the kind comment about the Interceptor.
 _GOTOTOP