_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Review
AMT: Baldwin Motion Camaro
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Auto Modeler: 35 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 06:32 PM UTC

Gabriel Szeitz shares with us a photographic video build of the Baldwin Motion Camaro in 1/25th scale from AMT.

Read the Review

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Clunbb9
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 66 posts
Auto Modeler: 64 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 10:46 AM UTC
I am actually in the middle of building this kit as well. There are a TON of flaws with the overall fitment with mine. The rear body panel does not line up with the right rear quarter panel. The body is not warped nor is the rear panel. There are also a lot of flash from the age of the base kit.
Szmann
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Netherlands Antilles
KitMaker: 1,977 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,371 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 01:39 AM UTC
Hm...
I can't recall big issues with the body in my build, but certainly I had plenty problems with the under-frame and the fitting of engine - exhaust rail. Too much flash in impossible to reach chrome parts and locator pins misaligned. Actually I wasn't ever able to achieve a good match between the exhaust manifold and exhaust pipes. It was to late into the build when I discovered the problem and, since isn't too visible... I let it go like that.

Cheers!
Gabriel
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,974 posts
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2018 - 07:45 PM UTC
Gabriel
Very nice build. And that's coming from a Ford guy when I use to buy American muscle.

I do remember all of these AMT and MPC kits, so it doesn't surprise me that they're showing their age compared to what is currently being made today. Yet, you built a rock solid replica.

Baldwin is on the South Shore of LI, and I do remember every once in a while driving down there to see what's what.

Joel
Szmann
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Netherlands Antilles
KitMaker: 1,977 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,371 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 05:35 PM UTC
Thank you, Joel! I dinb't ever know where Baldwin comes from. I thought it must be the designer's name as per European fashion. I've learnt something new today - thank you!
... and yes! I love stock cars much better than mechanical steroids impregnated "things".

Gabriel
 _GOTOTOP