Good to see this one back on the bench, Gabriel!
The BMF has turned out very nice on the drip lines
. You know, a man can become accustomed with anything, even with applying BMF. I still hate it every time - LOL!
I totally forgot about those two builds. So far the Renault really is looking quite good.
Haha, I almost "forgot" myself, but the owner of the civilian version didn't. He kindly reminded me the other day... and the timing was perfect!
One thing for sure, you've turned into a car modeling machine.
Sometimes I wish I had much else to do. The Island it's in complete lockdown 4 days/week and money scarce. At least I do what I like to do best. I can say I am happily modeling
Great to see those, two beauties, back on track.
, to be honest I was afraid I lost completely the taste for them, but surprisingly I didn't. That saves my credibility I hope
Looking good Gabriel, nice smooth work!
Tank you, Damian
! I did my best - BMF jobs always irritate me more than anything else. I should consult a psychiatrist for baremetalfoilphobia. Sounds serious enough to get me locked up? UPDATE - HELLer, HELLer
The City Lady was kind enough to turn the other cheek and I slapped some BMF on it too. I even managed a slighter better application:
Then I pulled out from the sprues these naughty parts. Every single one had something against me: either a seam line nearly impossible to clean, either a stupidly placed injection gate, either both sunk and raised pin marks, you name it!
To get a taste of it, here's one of the four inner front fenders, with one raised, one deep pin mark. The one on the left was cleaned already:
The crown goes to the rear engine bay wall, with three pin marks and two sink holes. There are two sinks on the other side too:
Back inner fenders for the Rough Lady and front inner fenders for the City Lady were installed. They attach by glamorous butt end joints. The Heller
engineers are still living in Modelling Middle Age - it was like assembling a wooden model:
The direction and steering assembled on the City Lady. Unfortunately some nice detail it is covered by by the clunky inner fenders and separation wall. As a bonus, the wheels are steerable.
Rear axles and suspensions installed - some petite detail there, again, not very visible but notably better engineered than the front axle:
For the Rough Lady's undersides a had some special treatment. Candy red experimentally applied over copper here. It might worth saved in my Recipes Book
Now, this snakepit of vinyl strands supposed to be the roll cage for the Rough Lady. Boy, I prefer the British humour to the French one!
Now I have to scratch-build a roll cage. Lucky me I have good teachers around!