60's & 70's Classics
Ferrari F50 Barchetta Build review
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2020 - 08:28 PM UTC
You did show that kit, who's the boss. Well done Gabriel.
Szmann
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Netherlands Antilles
KitMaker: 1,977 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,371 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 12:57 AM UTC
Thanks, Jesper. That was a close call! LOL

Gabriel
Stickframe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Auto Modeler: 431 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 05:50 AM UTC
Hi Gabriel,

It's too bad that the kit was such a mess - it looks like you overcame a steady stream of "challenges" along the way - which is a drag. You did a great job with this, which in the end looks pretty good.

A kit like this is very frustrating to build, for me anyway. At some point I find myself wondering why bother? yet, like you, I finish them. It's funny, I used to have the same attitude about reading books, even if I didn't like the story or characters etc once started, I felt a certain obligation to the author - they stuck it out and finished, so I felt obliged to read the whole thing! No more - bad book now = Stop reading it!

Great save on what certainly appears to have been a mediocre kit.

Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff -

Cheers,
Nick
Cosimodo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,808 posts
Auto Modeler: 701 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 01:22 PM UTC
You got there in the end and it pretty impressive Gabriel given the nature of kit. Still, it looks like a great rendition of a F50 so you can be proud of that.

Cheers
Michael
Szmann
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Netherlands Antilles
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 04:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Gabriel,

It's too bad that the kit was such a mess - it looks like you overcame a steady stream of "challenges" along the way - which is a drag. You did a great job with this, which in the end looks pretty good.

A kit like this is very frustrating to build, for me anyway. At some point I find myself wondering why bother? yet, like you, I finish them. It's funny, I used to have the same attitude about reading books, even if I didn't like the story or characters etc once started, I felt a certain obligation to the author - they stuck it out and finished, so I felt obliged to read the whole thing! No more - bad book now = Stop reading it!

Great save on what certainly appears to have been a mediocre kit.

Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff -

Cheers,
Nick

Thanks, Nick
I can remember myself ever letting a book go - and as a history student I had to go over many uncomfortable lectures. As for the kits, I ever abandoned only three: a resin kit which I received in a dismal state and I've tried to save it; a B17 in 1/48 which I completely lost the call for it, then hurricane Irma destroyed it when it was 90% complete, and an Airfix Fokker monoplane - this one I still have - the reason I stopped it was because I lost a wheel and I never bothered to scratch another one or to 3D print one.
This Barchetta we're talking about is intended as a toy and was treated as such by the manufacturer, unfortunately. A black belt modeller will do a good job out of it, if it has the required time and interest - I just didn't have any in unlimited amount.

Quoted Text

You got there in the end and it pretty impressive Gabriel given the nature of kit. Still, it looks like a great rendition of a F50 so you can be proud of that.

Cheers
Michael

Michael, from normal watching distance, yes, it looks like a F-50. Yet is too fragile to give it to my neighbor kid to play with. Probably it will decorate my day room until the salty dusty Caribbean slick will take over and I'm gonna trash it.

Gabriel
RussellE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 3,959 posts
Auto Modeler: 495 posts
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2020 - 07:21 PM UTC
Gabriel, this has been one noxious kit!

But, you have turned the proverbial pig's ear into the silk purse!

Congratulations to you, sir, on conquering this challenge and providing your thoughts on this kit!

Look forward to seeing what challenge you take on next!
Szmann
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Netherlands Antilles
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2020 - 01:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gabriel, this has been one noxious kit!

But, you have turned the proverbial pig's ear into the silk purse!

Congratulations to you, sir, on conquering this challenge and providing your thoughts on this kit!

Look forward to seeing what challenge you take on next!

Kind like always, Russ, thank you.
My last challenge it's a NASCAR build, and isn't a challenge at all It runs so smooth that I almost lost my brakes and I am nearly finished with it. You can see it in the GB thread.

Gabriel
 _GOTOTOP