Motorcycles
Scale motorcycle modeling topics.
Team work
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Auto Modeler: 217 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 10:55 AM UTC
I was very happy to receive the fantastic Chopper that mother built. Unfortunately it ended up in a few pieces courtesy of the US Mail service. With Mother's permission I went about rebuilding his creation. I finished where Joe left off. I built the froward clutch assembly and scratched the pipes. I change the trail and shorten the length of the front fork tubes. I did not have the color of paint so I repainted it in Blue Metal flake using House of colors paint. It has a silver base and the blue clear metal flake along with six coats of gloss clear. The ghost flames were made on the computer and transfered to clear decal paper. So this is a truly team effort by Mother and myself. We hope you like it. I think that I will be building a trike chopper next.

The third photo is how I received the model from the mail. I guess it was handled by a non biker. Thanks Mother for giving me something totally different to work on. I have built a lot of 1/1 bikes in my day , but this was my first time on a small scale.
Henk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Auto Modeler: 16 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 11:21 AM UTC
Oh my, there's only one thing that gives it away, the size of the spokes. Other than that you could put this straight into Easy Rider or Iron Horse... Great .
Although I really like Swedish Chopps, and think that front forks can never be long enough, I must say that they look a bit better now that you've had to shorten them a little. AS for the paintjob, my bike would ( eehh was ) be lime green or matt black, but your metal flake looks superb, it really does. Mind you, it shows your experience with cars, and I have a lot of respect for people who can paint gloss, never mind metal flake..

Awesome..

DaveCox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Auto Modeler: 231 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 05:04 PM UTC
Great original by Mother, and good rebuild = good example of team work here. I like both versions!. Chops with extended forks and hardtails ain't really suitable for British roads but they do look good. I loved the old Easyriders mags (before they took out all the jokes and dolly-birds) and like Henk says this could easily have featured there.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 06:11 PM UTC
Once again Dave your modeling skills shinned upon us. When you showed me the pic of when you received it I was floored, but you really pull it off bro. It really looks bad Looking forward to seeing your bike, now get started Thanks Dave...
fanai
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 2,654 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 11:10 AM UTC
Guys - lovely work _ I admired joes work very much and when I read that it got messed up I was very disappointed with what had happened. but dave I love your version as well
Ian
You both need a big hairy dwarf to sit on this beast
Ian
ex-royal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,009 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 11:23 AM UTC
Great work guys...it goes to show that teamwork even in modelling really pays off in the end.
Cheers,
Bryan
Snowhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Auto Modeler: 234 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 09:27 AM UTC
looks lovely
 _GOTOTOP