60's & 70's Classics
OFFICIAL: Chev vs Hemi Group Build
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 06:33 AM UTC
Looking forward to seeing shot's of that 1/1 classic Bob.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2011 - 12:09 PM UTC
Jesper, so was I...the guy sold it just before we were going to head out to buy it sunday...murphy's law! Just as well for all the flack I would've taken for the purchase{lol}. The wife says she didn't like that one as much as the '38 Buick or the '60 chrysler I was watching{auctions}....I love her! Oh well, the hunt goes on for a 1:1{and stashing more mad money never hurts either}..... and it's soooo much easier to build and house 1/25 scale stuff!
I need to get my but going on this stuff here anyway!!!!!
Removed by original poster on 10/06/11 - 19:33:05 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 10/07/11 - 18:54:15 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 10/10/11 - 22:03:33 (GMT).
Sniper769
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Auto Modeler: 28 posts
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2011 - 11:25 AM UTC
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to give an update on my MOPAR build, '71 Hemi 'Cuda:

Any feedback or ideas for improvement are appreciated.
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 12:07 AM UTC
Like the look of that Hemi Cuda Brian. The chrome works looks clean and sharp.
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 01:10 AM UTC
I have wired the powerplant on my magnificent 57 Chev , and started painting on the other thing as well

I'll try to post some pics as soon as I find where the kids have hidden the camera, AGAIN !!!

Nice work so far on the 'Cuda Brian, but don't waste too much time or effort on it mate, it's only a MOPAR after all

Cheers, D
Sniper769
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 03:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have wired the powerplant on my magnificent 57 Chev , and started painting on the other thing as well

I'll try to post some pics as soon as I find where the kids have hidden the camera, AGAIN !!!

Nice work so far on the 'Cuda Brian, but don't waste too much time or effort on it mate, it's only a MOPAR after all

Cheers, D

Strangely enough, even at this stage of the build (real life or otherwise) this MOPAR would smoke any Chev out there!
Sniper769
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 05:46 AM UTC
Thank you my good man.
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 03:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Strangely enough, even at this stage of the build (real life or otherwise) this MOPAR would smoke any Chev out there!

Sniper769
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 05:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 - 12:04 AM UTC
Ok folks, I have finally managed to overcome my nausea at having this THING fouling up my workbench, and made some progress.

Any and all comments and criticism most welcome, I'm a crappy car modeller modelling a crappy car after all !
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 07:59 AM UTC
That looks pretty good Damian.
I couldn't help noticing the engine is a bit blurry in the first image. I guess even the camera is shaking in fear the mighty hemi.
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 06:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That looks pretty good Damian.

Thanks Jesper, I had fun doing the underside and interior.

Quoted Text

I couldn't help noticing the engine is a bit blurry in the first image. I guess even the camera is shaking in fear the mighty hemi.

Well it was the wierdest thing, the camera wasn't shaking, it kept turning around in my hands. It took all of my stregth to keep it pointed at the Hemi. After a while I let the camera go and worked out that it was actually trying to aim itself at the Chev engine just out of view !
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 11:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

After a while I let the camera go and worked out that it was actually trying to aim itself at the Chev engine just out of view !

I guess even cameras have a sense of humor. "Come on Damian let me get a look at that odd little red engine. It looks so funny"
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
Auto Modeler: 555 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 06:59 AM UTC
Hey wot happened? Did Mopar blow the doors off of those poor chebbies? Or are you trying to figure out how to get all of the hemi stuff under the hood?
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 09:28 AM UTC
Between the holidays, trying to become the new scout leader and the new "wife"{as my wife calls her}, things have been a blur, I do however have a newly inspired mopar build...ordered the resin body - one year off and will require some mods to be correct - here's my new inspiration{hermon would be so proud}
Say hello to my new wife-

...see, not a kinky as ya thought! In all fairness, I call my wife's work laptop her husband since she can't seem to ever get out from under it...{leave that alone!}
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 11:34 AM UTC
Very nice Bob, straight off the assembly line as well I see. Man those MOPAR guys are right on top of the latest designs. I bet those windows even roll down.

Seriously nice ride Bob, I love it. It will be great to see your mini-replica in progress as well.

@Mark. Well, you see, I was just driving along in this 'Cuda, delivering it to the scrapyard to get my $20, and the engine just fell right out of it ! I thought that since I found it abandoned on the side of the road (about 100 yards from the MOPAR dealer, that's how far the purchaser drove it) I would do the right thing by the environment and get it recycled into something more useful, like tin cans and plastic bags. Now I'm stuck half way between home and the scrapyard and it's gunna cost me my last $20 to get back home. Another reason to hate a Hemi.

Happy New Year, D

BTW, I have a few finishing touches to do on a couple of aircraft, then it's back to the 2 builds for this Group Build. Anybody else out there still building ?
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 01:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice Bob, straight off the assembly line as well I see. Man those MOPAR guys are right on top of the latest designs. I bet those windows even roll down.

Seriously nice ride Bob, I love it. It will be great to see your mini-replica in progress as well.

@Mark. Well, you see, I was just driving along in this 'Cuda, delivering it to the scrapyard to get my $20, and the engine just fell right out of it ! I thought that since I found it abandoned on the side of the road (about 100 yards from the MOPAR dealer, that's how far the purchaser drove it) I would do the right thing by the environment and get it recycled into something more useful, like tin cans and plastic bags. Now I'm stuck half way between home and the scrapyard and it's gunna cost me my last $20 to get back home. Another reason to hate a Hemi.

Happy New Year, D

1) Yes they all do as well as swing out{rears}...nature's AC!
2)What motor?,,,mines stock with a flathead 6 and the 3 on the tree...an upgrade wouldn't hurt! ...I'll give $30!
3) I ordered the 41 resin sedan body early december...I give it a few weeks still...he's slow, but he's good.

Where the heck is hermon?!
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 11:05 PM UTC
That's a real beauty Bob.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 12:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank you sir...I had to follow my heart and go Mopar. You can see my old minivan in the back...my plymouth "truck"...I know it's a van but the title says truck.
Hopefully I can get that resin sedan body here next week, the guy said he had to make a new interior mold, but it would be here soon.
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Auto Modeler: 268 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 02:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thank you sir...I had to follow my heart and go Mopar. You can see my old minivan in the back...my plymouth "truck"...I know it's a van but the title says truck.
Hopefully I can get that resin sedan body here next week, the guy said he had to make a new interior mold, but it would be here soon.

That really is nice, Bob. I like the heavy steel springs of the bumpers!
My family is currently in a battle of wills against a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country. Who will outlast?
Regarding Hermon, I read somewhere on Kitmaker that he was out for a few months with real life issues. We all look forward to seeing him around here again.
Brian-- awesome work on that chrome and wiring. I'm still working up to that skill level.
Damian, what happened to any Chevy pics? By the time you found your camera, you were snapping the Mopar instead?
Cheers, all!
-Sean H.
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 02:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Regarding Hermon, I read somewhere on Kitmaker that he was out for a few months with real life issues. We all look forward to seeing him around here again.

Correct. I have stayed in touch with Hermon via email, and he is still working waaaay too many hours. Selena is recovering well, but still has a way to go and is unable to work. Hermon always sends his regards to the team here, and will be back with us as soon as he is able.

Quoted Text

Damian, what happened to any Chevy pics? By the time you found your camera, you were snapping the Mopar instead?

I spent the last couple of months of 2011 finishing up a couple of aircraft builds, along with ridiculous hours at work, so in the next couple of months I will be focussed on gettin this POS Mopar off the bench and spend some quality time on my beloved '57 Chev.

Cheers, D
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 05:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That really is nice, Bob. I like the heavy steel springs of the bumpers!

-Me too and she's got great lines.

Quoted Text

My family is currently in a battle of wills against a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country.

-How so...? I've still got the ol 99 gran voy and the wife drives an 01 t/c lxi...I know these vans like the back of my hand! My 3.3L has 123k and neither burns nor leaks any oil..can't honestly say the same for the wifes 3.8L.