DaveCox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Auto Modeler: 231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 06:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I fancy a dirty, tatty 'rat' to put alongside the showroom Manx Norton that I have on my shelf.

...oh, so your going to build an old honda then?...........

No JapCr*p in our house!!! Hogs or Brit Iron only here !!!!!

Off Topic:

Even in real life I've only ever had one riceburner and it nearly killed me following a 1950s Norton round a bend.

Or - as my wife said - "it's only fun if you have something large hot and throbbing between your legs!!!!" - and riceburners just don't do that!

Back on topic - all three of the chopper threads going here are looking very good indeed. The only thing I can see will be a problem is making the cables - I never get on with the stuff in the kits. May use rigging thread left over from ship models and see what that looks like.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
Auto Modeler: 64 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 02:03 AM UTC
Hmmmmmmmmmm , hot vibrations between my legs .........................

Dave , for the brake lines and oil lines a company called detail master has braided lines in different thickness as well as wire in many different colours as well as thinkness . It's for detail cars inn 1/24 or 1/25 scale . I have a lot of their sets in the parts box , find them very handy for detail aircraft . even have nuts and bolts not to mention brake line hard wear .
This works great for 1/12 scale as well . Another way of doing the nuts and bolts is from grant line found at a good model train store . They have an endless line of nuts and bolts , washers too !

If you have a old telephone cord the wire from there is great for detail . you can this at the dollar store for buck . I don't reconmmend that you use the one your phone is hooked up to the wife might get a little on the mad side . Even wire from old vcr's and other old juck on that line has a vast amount for pars inside that can be used for detailing . Fishing can even be used for doing fuel lines and brake lines and can painted any colour you like Even a trip down to the local radio shack will have wire in different sizes . Craft section at walmart (wallie world by some folks )

okay I'll shut up now !!!
DaveCox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Auto Modeler: 231 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 05:18 AM UTC
Thanks for the suggestions Terri. I work in electronics but all the wire we use is too thick for my tastes - on all my bikes the cables are hardly visible over a few feet away except where they show against chrome or light coloured paint. I may try fishing line or even stretched sprue for some of them - experimentation will be the order of the day.......
 _GOTOTOP