Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
tv and movie group build?
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 11:35 AM UTC
Awh man...that train is a 4-6-0 with staggered axles....and I think I tossed out my ancient bachmann G scale engine that would've been perfect for it....I don't know folks...this would be ton of work without a base engine to start with.......I had two...one was converted to a camelback engine{and sold for a nice profit} and the other has gone missing.
I'll check ebay, but I bet they're hitting $100 for a decent one...maybe I'll get lucky.....
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
Auto Modeler: 522 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 01:37 PM UTC
[/quote]
Hmmm...I pegged you for the "vanishing point" car for sure....[/quote]

Nope, I'll be doing the black Cuda' from Phantasm for sure.
Always wanted to do my Cuda' that way with a tag on the back that said "EVIL 1"

Hermon
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 02:39 PM UTC
I suppose there's always the Mustang from "Bullet".

Hernon, isn't there a nice Chevrolet or Pontiac that you could do? I know, how about KITT?

Jim
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 02:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I suppose there's always the Mustang from "Bullet".

Hernon, isn't there a nice Chevrolet or Pontiac that you could do? I know, how about KITT?

Jim

...beverly hillbillies car{available}
...maxwell smart car{I remember there being a tiger kit out there somewhere}
...barny phife's car{resin version available}
...starsky and hutch{?}
...hardcastle and McCormic{seen a kit}
...CHiPs{cycle}
...TJ Hooker{?}
...Adam12{?}
...CAR54{?}
...hey....ZZ Top's Cadzilla!!!!!!!...do videos count?...Van halen's hot for teacher open pheaton...white snake's here I go again...I know there was a car under her of some kind...I think!
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 09:57 PM UTC
Howz about the Chev from Christine, or "Greased Lightnin" perhaps. I'm still stuck on the Hannibal Twin 8, "push the button Max !"

Hermon has the truck from Beverley Hillbillies as his daily driver, so he could do a walkaround for us !!

Starsky and Hutch, the Gran Torino, Somebody could do a flying car diorama from the end of Thelma and Louise, the Ford Anglia from Harry Potter, Herbie,
the Partridge Family bus with that freaky square colour pattern, and Mad Max has just gotta get a run.

This could go on forever my friends
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 - 12:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

and Mad Max has just gotta get a run.

This could go on forever my friends

Yes, and it's ideas for those who may have a hard time thinking of something too. I'd love to do the 1st madmax car if I could find or make the decals.
HARV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Auto Modeler: 182 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 12:11 PM UTC
I am just curious to see if I anybody else remembers this short lived TV series.

This is from my stash but I don't know as if I will build it. I watched the show when I was a kid......................yes, I am that old!!

I just thought I would share.

Harv
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Auto Modeler: 59 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 04:06 PM UTC
I remember that show, 1970s.
HARV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Auto Modeler: 182 posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 - 05:46 AM UTC
Yep, 1971....I was all of seven at the time. I remember watching it with my brother.

Harv
pastafarian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 207 posts
Auto Modeler: 66 posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 - 12:15 PM UTC
I was -4 when that show was on (born in 1975). LOL

Hey guys, I still haven't heard anything back about this build. Pretty sure I filled out the forms right. Any thoughts on what might be up?

John
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Auto Modeler: 217 posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 - 02:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yep, 1971....I was all of seven at the time. I remember watching it with my brother.

Harv

I was stationed at McDill AFB FL them Getting ready to transfer the Okinawa for my second tour there.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 01:46 AM UTC
I don't remember that show for some reason...in 1970 I would have been 5yrs old...might be why.
I won my ghostbusters Ecto-1a wagon last night finally after prior numerous failed attempts on ebay....missing the clear red parts which I can scrounge around for hopefully - I've got clear red sheet for the inner big main sections but those tail bullits will be a challenge . After paying for it I started researching the car and to my surprise I found that both movies had slightly different vehicles...never noticed that before. Even found a site that has a PDF file for the 1st show decals on the 2nd show vehicle with upgrades. CultTVman's site has a set too.....nobody seems to like the 2nd car's ghost with the peace sign{yeah, it's actually for movie two, I know...still looks dorky though- imho}.
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Auto Modeler: 268 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 03:35 PM UTC
Ah ha! I found this forum. I signed up for the group build, and I'm ready for October 1.
I've got a CMK Herbie kit that would take some work to make nice. I'll build that eventually, but for now I want to shorten, raise, and improve an old snap-tite 1/32 Toyota pickup to be the Pizza Planet delivery truck from Toy Story.
And, no, I never saw the show "The Bearcats". I was 3, so it may have been on the TV, but I didn't get into it.
Thanks,
Sean.
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 03:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Does the Ecto 1 kit come with the parts to build a regular ambulance (or is there a kit for one)?

John

Some years ago, I built a Jo-Han kit of an early 1970's Cadillac ambulance. I think that kit's still out there to be bought. It didn't have that raised roof though.
-Sean.
pastafarian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2010 - 03:55 AM UTC
Glad you found us Sean, I just sent you a PM

I found out our problem for getting this going. I submitted the campaign to run from January to January and they'd much rather have 6 month builds. So that means you folks will have to get off your lazy butts and build something!!

Or, is it just that I did a 13 month build rather than a 12?

So what are your ideas for dates?
I'm wrapping up my demolition derby build (camera died, so I'm getting another to post pics), and my EOD build is going to be a loooooong build. I'm good to start whenever.

John
pastafarian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2010 - 09:58 AM UTC
Okey dokey, when I sent in the campaign info last time I either put in the wrong dates, or someone assigned them to us. Either way, I'm ready to get on this one.

The dates are October 1 through April 30, 2011.

Let's get signed up and it someone needs more time, we can try to figure out how to deal with that (I haven't run one of these before if you haven't guessed hhaha).

John
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 02:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Does the Ecto 1 kit come with the parts to build a regular ambulance (or is there a kit for one)?

John

Some years ago, I built a Jo-Han kit of an early 1970's Cadillac ambulance. I think that kit's still out there to be bought. It didn't have that raised roof though.
-Sean.

Research shows that either the snap Polar lights kit or the glue amt kit are only the ecto vehicles...polar lights being the 1st movie car{ecto 1} and amt being the 2nd movie car{ecto 1a}. An ambulance or hearse could be done with either but the ambulances usually had an extention on the top for head clearance - a simple box could be made and attached to the roof if you were so inclined.

John, were you thinking of building an ecto?!
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 02:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ah ha! I found this forum. I signed up for the group build, and I'm ready for October 1.
I've got a CMK Herbie kit that would take some work to make nice. I'll build that eventually, but for now I want to shorten, raise, and improve an old snap-tite 1/32 Toyota pickup to be the Pizza Planet delivery truck from Toy Story.
And, no, I never saw the show "The Bearcats". I was 3, so it may have been on the TV, but I didn't get into it.
Thanks,
Sean.

Sean, we watched Wal-E again last night...you don't want to know how that truck winds up!
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 02:56 AM UTC
John, I went to enlist but I can't find the group build for it under "cars"...got a link to the campaign for us?
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 04:34 PM UTC
the group build is under the heading "kitmaker university"
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 07:23 AM UTC
Got it....
Thank you......and I'm in!
pastafarian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 09:09 AM UTC
Glad you're in Bob.

i'm not planning on doing an Ecto-1 for this build, but I do want to pick one up.

For this build I'm doing Darth Vadar's Tie Fighter (it's in the stash) and either Mr. Bean's Mini or Dale's van from King of the Hill.

old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 - 03:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Glad you're in Bob.

i'm not planning on doing an Ecto-1 for this build, but I do want to pick one up.

For this build I'm doing Darth Vadar's Tie Fighter (it's in the stash) and either Mr. Bean's Mini or Dale's van from King of the Hill.

I've got the old Vader advanced Tie kit...opened it up and there it's been sittting since....one of these days!.........
pastafarian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 - 05:00 AM UTC
You know how everyone says that Vader looks like he's taking a dump in that kit? It took it a step farther. LOL

pastafarian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 - 05:05 AM UTC
Here's the version of the Mr. Bean mini that I want to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMrDFlAJTJM&feature=related

any of you folks scratch built a recliner?