_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
tv and movie group build?
pastafarian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 207 posts
Auto Modeler: 66 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2010 - 04:48 PM UTC
Several of us were talking in the bluesmobile thread about a possible movie groupbuild, how much interest is there for one of these?

I know I have at least 6 or 7 of these that I'd like to build, and I'd guess others have at least 1.

As far as scheduling, maybe January? I've got 3 gb's going right now (well, the zombie attack starts tomorrow). Also, that would give everyone time to find or at least think up how to scratchbuild something unique.

Anyone up for this?

john
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2010 - 04:54 PM UTC
Dang...your post just reminded me about the EOD campaign...sigh....too many things going on!
Yeah...count me in on that campaign so long as its a ways away since as of tomorrow I'm on 3 of my own builds as well as my own campaign!!!!
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 02:13 AM UTC
John I'd love to join in but I'm already involved in about 4 Campaigns early next year. If it had a 12 month run-time I might just make it !!

Now you got me googling that Hannibal Twin 8, hmmmmmmm
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
Auto Modeler: 522 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 10:07 AM UTC
You guys are a bunch of sissy pants. I'm in 13 campaigns plus 3 of my own. My kids don't remember me. My credit cards are all maxed out. The wife thinks I died 2 years ago, and I'm working 2 jobs.

But, of course I'll join the tv and movie group build if ya'll will get it started. Make it a year long and it'll be great. Besides, someone will have to build that black Cuda' from Hellraiser.

Hermon
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 01:00 PM UTC
"Cuda, you've shocked me mate. I had you pegged for doing the Pink roller from Thunderbirds
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 03:08 PM UTC
Does it have to be a car?

Jim
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 03:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

"Cuda, you've shocked me mate. I had you pegged for doing the Pink roller from Thunderbirds

What's wrong with lady penelope's 6 wheeler...though I have always liked thunderbird #2 the most.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 03:31 PM UTC
John, jim brings a good point to the table here...will said build be of just movie cars/trucks/cycles...or unlimited vehicle capability so long as it's from a movie?..example, the train from back to the future 3, the international search and rescue thunderbird #2, star trek ship, the titanic with kate winslet...forget the ship, I'd just like to make kate winslet.........composure!!!!!!..seeing as this is a "cars" forum by nature, I think I can see the impending answer, but I gotta ask anyway!
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 03:46 PM UTC
Who's going to do Lightning McQueen, or the Fabulous Husdon Hornet? Hey! They're cars in a movie.

Jim
pastafarian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 04:17 PM UTC
I'm cool with it being any vehicle associated with a movie (to include stuff that helped make the movie ie - camera ships from Battle of Britain or Dr. Strangelove if anyone can find a picture of it).

Bob's volunteered to build the train from Back to the Future! LOL. Figures are fine too since you bring it up (I'd really like to have a 7 of 9 ).

Year long is fine with me.

I'd like to build Dale Gribble's "Bugabego" from King of the Hill along with several others Anyone happen to have a Fujimi Astro Van that they don't need?

John

jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 04:22 PM UTC
Who wouldn't want to have Seven of Nine (aka Jeri Ryan)?

Jim
pastafarian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2010 - 03:49 AM UTC
I wanna be assimilated. LOL

If Lightning McQueen is on the list someone has to do the hippie van and Mater (I've actually contemplated building Mater haha).

Cool, it looks like we have a decent amount of interest in this. What's the next step? I haven't started a GB before.

John
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2010 - 05:12 AM UTC
Dude, she can assimilate me any day of the week!

I've contemplated doing Mack, but I'm not sure how to get the Rust-Eze logos.

If you want to get this Group Build off the ground (so to speak), then here are the rules: Campaign Guidelines. You'll see that it says 10 participants, but here at AutoModeler they only require five to get it rolling.

Jim
pastafarian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2010 - 06:25 AM UTC
Ok, I sent it in. I started it in Jan through Dec, but we can change that if anyone needs to do so.

If/once it gets approved I'll post something in the general discussion section to recruit some more builders.

John
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Auto Modeler: 217 posts
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2010 - 10:13 AM UTC
I'm in. I want to build ken and barbi's vette
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2010 - 02:43 PM UTC
Hold up haus...I stated the train as an example..not suicide for me-
Here's my possible entries for the build...as in I'd actually make any of "these"-
-"Mack" from Cars movie{got the italeri blank "not a mack", mack}
-"Doc" from Cars movie - {as soon as mobius releases that hudson kit}
-"Speed racer's Mach V" car{got the glue kit}
-"Racer X's shooting star" car{got an idea on what kit to mod to get what I want}
-"Max's car from the roadwarrior movie...garage fresh or cannibalized
-"Christine"{got a resin kit}
-"Movin On" TV series Kenworth truck{got that truck kit}
-"Blue Mule" from Convoy movie{got a resin cab}
-"Batmobile" from the TV series Batman{have a 1/25 jimmy flintstone resin kit}
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2010 - 03:29 PM UTC
You do know that the AMT "Movin' On" Kenworth is not correct. You'll need the hood & frame from the AMT kit, the cab & sleeper from the Revell of Germany kit, a tandem torsion bar suspension from Porky, a Cummins VT903 from Auslowe, and the decals from Jbot. Yes, I've thought about doing that one, too.

Also, I think the "Blue Mule" was from "White Line Fever". I'd like to build that truck, too. I know it had a Cummins NTC350 in it, but I don't know if it was Cummins Beige or Ford Blue. Since it was supposed to be a 1974, I think it would be Ford Blue.

Now, enough about trucks. Back to cars. Or is it "Cars"?

Jim
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 12:54 AM UTC
Know what else would be cool? The ambulance van from Rescue 911, CHIPS car, MASH jeep, Desert Patrol Land Rover, etc.

Hermon
pastafarian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 04:50 AM UTC
Bob, you mentioned the train, now you gotta build it. And we want to to be able to transform from the train mode to flight mode.

Hermon, if you do a MASH jeep, you need Klinger in there! LOL I actually wouldn't mind doing one of the 1/35 MASH helo's. Or any of the ambulances from Mother, Jugs, and Speed. Does the Ecto 1 kit come with the parts to build a regular ambulance (or is there a kit for one)?

Another fun one would be Mr. Bean's Mini. There was an episode in which he bought a bunch of stuff including a recliner. He filled up the car to the point that he couldn't get inside, so he put the chair on the roof, tied several ropes (and I think a mop to the gas pedal) and drove it home like that.

John
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 12:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Know what else would be cool? The ambulance van from Rescue 911, CHIPS car, MASH jeep, Desert Patrol Land Rover, etc.

Hermon

nah.. the taxi from 5th element!...the corvette from heavy metal...
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 12:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You do know that the AMT "Movin' On" Kenworth is not correct. You'll need the hood & frame from the AMT kit, the cab & sleeper from the Revell of Germany kit, a tandem torsion bar suspension from Porky, a Cummins VT903 from Auslowe, and the decals from Jbot. Yes, I've thought about doing that one, too.

Also, I think the "Blue Mule" was from "White Line Fever". I'd like to build that truck, too. I know it had a Cummins NTC350 in it, but I don't know if it was Cummins Beige or Ford Blue. Since it was supposed to be a 1974, I think it would be Ford Blue.

Now, enough about trucks. Back to cars. Or is it "Cars"?

Jim

You are correct sir...was a late night I guess... didn't know the MO truck was that far off{and it's an AMT kit ta boot...how dissapointing} Actually there's a blue and white ford coe in convoy....hmmm...and I do have a line on smokey and the bandit trailer decals but would have to improvise on the gold stripes on snowman's rig....aparently I'm stuck with a train though....
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 02:00 PM UTC
Yes, I think you're stuck with the Back to the Future train as well. I suppose you could do the Hogwarts' Express!

The AMT "Movin' On" kit is just the AMT Kenworth W923 with some Movin' On-ish stripes. The stripes are sort of a mish-mash of "Movin' On" and "In Tandem".

As for "Smokey & the Bandit" Kenworth stripes, Jerry at Model Truckin' has them. You'll have to combine the Revell of Germany kit with the AMT kit as well for this one (you need the Revell cab).

Jim
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 02:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hermon

I'd like to do Squad 51 from "Emergency!".

Jim
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 04:58 AM UTC
Damn! While sitting here on my lunch break and eating yet another bologna sandwich, I realized I forgot to mention the #1 most famous MOPAR on TV. The General Lee....01!

Hermon
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 11:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Damn! While sitting here on my lunch break and eating yet another bologna sandwich, I realized I forgot to mention the #1 most famous MOPAR on TV. The General Lee....01!

Hermon

Hmmm...I pegged you for the "vanishing point" car for sure....
 _GOTOTOP