_GOTOBOTTOM
The Garage
For general automotive modeling or non-modeling topics.
Official tv and movie build thread
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 05:26 AM UTC
New tack.........I have a week to button her up so away I go. I give you a simple Ford....Falcon...from down under...the Mad max car but in "origonal form". The kit is the usual Aoshima Interceptor kit but I procured the needed resin goodies long ago to make it the origonal car as it came out of the garage...the kit makes the later car which is reworked, alittle ravenged and has the big twin gas tanks out of the truck area. I have another kit for that build.
Here is the new front air dam added as well as the rest of the not included rear seat section. Note the added trunk....well, anything shown here in resin white is resin add-ons and not included in the regular kit-

Primer time now that I've showed you the resin pieces, and then back to black.
I long ago ordered the JBOT madmax decals...not entirely sure why since the kit has decals...guess choices are a good thing!
Back with more updates as they happen-
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Auto Modeler: 105 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 09:31 AM UTC
I am entering with a (about) 45mm resin Colonial Marine, she is based on Pvt Vasquez, from the film Aliens.
Once she has a bit of paint on her I will post a pic.
Andy
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2011 - 09:27 AM UTC
Painting day! I've got the interior 85% done{pics to follow} and just dropped the 3rd coat of black lacquer on ol' Max.....I could sure use a week or two
extention for drying time before wetsanding/decals/clear coat and polish....anyone else?!
Oh, as I said, "painting day"- please ignore the other two cars here....the middle car is what we're looking at in this thread.

Tailor
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,168 posts
Auto Modeler: 11 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 09:19 PM UTC
Back from vacation...

OK here's the Ribbon somewhat refined:

Acceptable?

Cheers,
Guido
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 12:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bob, I didn't see that March 5 post before now, but I put your clues into my Bat-computer, and I'm waiting for its printout.
Thanks,
Sean

The Batmobile won't make it I'm guessing, so I'm leaning on "Max" to get me there....too much rain around these parts for any good drying time......back to the bench!
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 04:21 PM UTC
Nothing like cutting it close!
I call this one done, but I plan on polishing it better in a few days-
Here's the rolling chassis sans body-

Here's the body-

...and here's the end result -

Now I'm going to have to take the other kit I have and build that one as the later model.
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Auto Modeler: 268 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 03:40 AM UTC
Bob, I love it! With a nice gloss shine, she'll be beautiful. "Last of the V8 interceptors."
And you said this is an Aoshima kit? I never saw it before. I've done one Aoshima Toyota pickup, and it was a really well-made kit. A joy to build. I hope this was for you.
In the movie, didn't the police cars have large window decals to show their duty-- "PURSUIT" and "INTERCEPTOR"? Is that in the kit? Now I have to watch Mad Max again.
thanks,
-Sean.
 _GOTOTOP