_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
1 week auto build
jaypee
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
Auto Modeler: 16 posts
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2008 - 12:34 AM UTC
Really top stuff, and really nice to see a bit car building in the kitmaker forums. It's been a blast watching you guys. Hope my Mini Cooper arrives in the post soon.
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2008 - 01:48 AM UTC
Well as you can tell from this post i missed the deadline but i will finish it today i was just cleaning up the last few odds and ends late last night when my dog had an accident on the carpet so i spent the last hour cleaning up the mess instead of building i almost made it.
matt
Staff MemberGroup Build Administrator
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Auto Modeler: 160 posts
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2008 - 02:25 AM UTC
I too was pleasntly surprized at the amount of work I got done in the really 4 days I spent on it... Most of it was waiting for Paint to dry and I'm sure working 10 and 11 hour days didn't help me much with the build

But this one will be finished within a few weeks...
WindSword70
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 153 posts
Auto Modeler: 47 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 12:18 AM UTC
I have been watching this thread with interest and I started to build a Polar Lights Ecto1 Ghostbusters kit transformed into a surf wagon. True to form there was no way for me to get it done in one week due to responsibilities and the fact that my first coat of primer crazed the plastic badly--Polar Lights must have used a softer plastic. I have used the very same primer on AMT and Revell kits with no problems. Anyway I am impressed with the amount of building that you guys got done and the cars all look good. This thread has been a good way to promote some actual building and maybe I can participate in the next one. Good job everyone!
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 02:18 AM UTC
Thanks for the kind words Gary keep on the look out for another build soon after everyone finishes.
Cuhail
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Auto Modeler: 310 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 05:04 PM UTC

Well...I didn't quite finish either. It was down to final assembly and a bit of paint and BAM, I got two dagger scabbard rush orders. Sunday morning the first one came and very suprisingly, Sunday afternoon, I got the second request.
I'm glad to say that 90% of the order work is done, now, Tuesday night, but, all thoughts about the model disappeared for the work.

Happy about the orders...

bummed I missed the deadline. I was so close.

But, it was fun. I could have finished on time, but, I wasn't happy with the experience of rushing it. I don't feel too bad because I think I paid $3.00 total for the model, but, I like AMT for the scratchbuilding you have to do to make it a nice model. A one week build pretty much rips that fun right out of an AMT kit.

No matter! I have a Revell pickup truck all ready for "One Week Build #2"! More parts, more painting, yet, ready to build.

Should be cool. I'm all over doing it again.
Woo hoo!
Cuhail
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 02:30 AM UTC
Murph do you have finished pics of what you did just curious. check my new post rat rod build.
 _GOTOTOP