Well I haven't been slacking off on this build, just being challenge in new ways. There is also the problem of being able to post pictures but we have got here today.
So time to start some of the details now the pink is set.
First up, part of the electrics. They run along the rear bulkhead. I have added some wiring and pipes for interest. I had to take off the doors to work in this space so that is something for me to think about next time. Attached the seatbelts as well since I think that will be easier than when the body is is in place.
On the rear added the sliding window. This is a matter of cutting the window out, then the insert and the cutting a slightly larger piece for the sliding element. Up close it is a bit rough but you only get one shot at this so I am happy.
Also in the rear element I painted the air intakes. Couldn't find any photos of this but this was an MFH callout for black.
The vac attack continued with the front headlights. The space painted black, I cut the cover out of a vac formed shape. This is very nerve racking stuff, since again a one shot chance. There are eleven rivers required so holes are first drilled in the body shell then the vac formed piece taped in place and the holes drilled in the plastic to line up with body holes. Personally I think the rivets are oversized so may yet replace them.
Unfortunately it doesn't always go to plan. On the right side I think the vac form moved fractionally so the last five holes didn't quite line up. Since I can't re-drill the cover I needed to fill and re-drill in the body work.
More pressure this time with the door windows. This is what the vac formed windows look like.
You can see vague impressions for the cut lines. You have to hold the plastic just so to let the light reflect on the impressions and cut.
Again, as with the re4ar sliding window, Porsche had a window within the window. So cut out the insert
and add an opening piece on top. The opening part has two hinges and a latch to be added. More chances for disaster but worked this time.
And as my teenage son would say, OMG! I still have the windscreen to do which I am not sure how I will attach or create the rubber seal that goes around it.
The "glass" is the final piece of the assembly puzzle. The body halves can be joined and attached to rolling chassis. Then the famous decal scheme.