_GOTOBOTTOM
The Garage
For general automotive modeling or non-modeling topics.
Official Demolition Derby Group Build Thread
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 12:54 PM UTC
Great work on all your demo cars guys i wish i was around when this one started.
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Auto Modeler: 268 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 - 01:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great work on all your demo cars guys i wish i was around when this one started.

I know, right? I'm kicking myself for letting that one get by me. I was too busy earlier, but this group has made some really cool stuff.
Watching the upcoming car campaigns and ideas on the horizon. I might dip my toe in this pool later.
-Sean.
Wolfsangel
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 221 posts
Auto Modeler: 33 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 - 05:48 PM UTC
O.K., I'm done. I'm never really done but with a POS kit and not much desire to drag it out correcting the myriad issues this thing has, I finished a day early!

Ladies (any out there?) and Gentlemen! Out of a long retirement I give you the last ride of the Mach - 5 (now 4 1/2)!

Speed pulled it out from behind the barn where it's been for the past 25 years. With Chim-Chims help and a set of old tires, it was back on the road (barely).

Looks like a monkey did it!The Right side mirror and a chunk of the right nose were missing so the monkey slapped some bondo on both. He forgot to prime around the mirror area though, and tuck in the wiring, ...and sand it.

Speed claims exemption from the roll cage rule since it has super, nuke-proof glass. As you see, Speed has a love for fast food and cigarettes. He was forced to leave the beer at home for Pops so he's hoping for a win for some quick cash to stop on the way home.

I would have never thought I would be "beaterizing" a "Snap-Tite" kit I bought for my boy. Totally out of my element, and just plain fun! Thanks Hermon for coming up with the idea and running with it! Now I need to get started on a 1/1 scale version that actually works.
Charlie
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 05:44 PM UTC
Well here we all are, 12 months older (but probably no wiser) !

Since Hermon VonCuda Rector is still AWOL due to real life complications (still missing you heaps mate !) I asked one of our esteemed Forum Gods (thanks James) to put me in place as leader of these shenanigans so that I could hand out ribbons to those of us who completed their builds. I have duly trawled through the thread and awarded ribbons, and had a good laugh along the way at the banter going on as well. I hope nobody has any objections, but I awarded a ribbon to 'Cuda as well because he got near enough to finished, and the whole show was his idea anyway.

Now, who's up for DD2 ?

Cheers, D
 _GOTOTOP