_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Group Build Proposal - Chev vs Hemi
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 - 02:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This is at Hermon and Bob. I am so confidant in my superior vehicle that I will let the two of you choose what type of Chebby and Mopud I build.
Bob

While I can't speak for Hermon, he can bash you guys on his own, I'll say build what you want sir - I can pick on a chebby no matter what chebby yah build, cause it's still a chebby....of that "I'm" confident! Although...I kinda lean towards the 1st picks you had{vette/viper} since you tend to lean towards the high end stuff....eh, either way, will all have fun with it!
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 - 02:47 PM UTC
CHEVYS dRULE {oil} FOREVER...and ever and ever...........
Bigrip74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
Auto Modeler: 20 posts
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 - 02:48 PM UTC
Well Bob you had your chance. I thought that my sporting gesture would be taken seriously, but alas I WILL HAVE TO SHOW Y'ALL ALL WHAT A CHEVY DOES TO THOSE MOPUDS

Bob
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 - 02:54 PM UTC
Mark, tell us your going to join in on the building and commenting fun! -Hmmm?
Also, thanks for that chevy snowthrower ad...nice to see Briggs and Stratton finally found a close enough replacement 5hp motor for that snowthrower.
...and those are Oil Proof boots he's wearing I'd bet.
Bigrip74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 - 02:57 PM UTC
Bob my CHEVY of choice is a 427 1968 Camaro. And if I can find a kit of a mopud I will build a Dodge Honey Bee.

Bob
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 - 03:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bob my CHEVY of choice is a 427 1968 Camaro. And if I can find a kit of a mopud I will build a Dodge Honey Bee.

Bob

They have PE sets for the late '60s camaros...but sadly not for the early '70s. What year superbee are you going to build? I just now found the ModTop decals I have{both sets}.........I think that would be too wild for even this group!
Bigrip74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 - 03:04 PM UTC
The only Super Bee I can remember was 1969 or was it 1970 the memory is not the best.

Bob
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 02:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The only Super Bee I can remember was 1969 or was it 1970 the memory is not the best. Bob

Here is a link for you to check out on the super bees...I remembered them from '69-'70 but this reminded me of the '68 and '71 as well. So, they actually ran, "then", from '68 thru '71 and then picked up again in '07. Seems anyone interested can choose from the old or the new version depending on your preference.
wiki - super bee info

Hey, for your chebby you "could" do the very rare early '70s nova 4 cylinder. Was an option and some were built!
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 10:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey, for your chebby you "could" do the very rare early '70s nova 4 cylinder. Was an option and some were built!

You could do that, and it would still be awesome, but you would need to build 1.5 or 2 of them and weld them together, as the rules state 6-pot and 8-pot only

Rules and Regs . . . .
3. 8- and 6-cylinder powerplants allowed, put up a 4 and you might get run over

I think the insult competition will be as interesting as the builds over the next 12 months guys, keep 'em coming !!
HeyLoad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 64 posts
Auto Modeler: 7 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 01:41 PM UTC
I joined this campaign, it is my first on Automodeler. I got back into modeling about 7 years ago but build mostly aircraft and armor. I tried my first auto (in probably 30 years) last year and really enjoyed it. It was OOB, so this time I would like to try a little more detail like engine wiring and adding to the interior. I have a Revell 1969 GTO Judge kit. I was wondering if eligible kits for this build would include racers like Super Stock? Looking forward to learning more about the hobby from everyone.

Tom
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 02:09 PM UTC
Hi Tom, and thanks for joining the madness !

This campaign is mostly about getting the MOPAR guys to realise just how much better Chev's really are, but also about just having a bunch of fun with a great crew.

I don't have any problem with you putting a Super Stock in the mix, and a classic as well ! Just check the rules and regs though, to qualify for a ribbon at the end you will need to build a Hemi powered rustbucket as well as your magnificent Chev.

Cheers, D
HeyLoad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 64 posts
Auto Modeler: 7 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 02:36 PM UTC
Thanks! Thinking about the Revell Dart Hemi Thunder, but I can decide on that after I getting some experience on the Judge.
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Auto Modeler: 268 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 - 04:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks! Thinking about the Revell Dart Hemi Thunder, but I can decide on that after I getting some experience on the Judge.

I'm waivering on the edge of joining this build. I have nothing on the shelf for this one, and I'd have to fit it into my already-busy build schedule, but I don't want to miss out on the fun here. Besides, March 2012 is sooooo far out.
I was looking at the Revell Dart too. I had a '72 once, but no Hemi Thunder-- a slant six and lots of rust. (Think twice before putting anything in the trunk, because it may not be there when you arrive.) I'd build the V8 as what I wish that car had been. I don't know if I could change the year of the kit, I'd have to research more.
IF I go in, I'd likely pair it with a Nova-- my grandpa had a '72 (I believe) with no options, plain Jane, vinyl benches front and back, no carpet or mats, no power steering, 4 doors, but an automatic transmission and a big V8. I only drove it once or twice before my uncle sold it out of the family.
OR a Chevy II-- my Dad's first NEW car, after my mom "made" him sell his pickup truck, and our family car when I was born.
thanks,
-Sean.
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
Auto Modeler: 555 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 - 09:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mark, if you keep interupting here you do understand that you will be expected to contribute build-wise ??

Why you young whipper snapper you. I figure the last car I built was before you were born... Course, I didn't fill the seams, scrape the chrome off of the glue edges or paint it. The last three 4 wheeled vehicles I completed were from Porsche and Willys, they were finished in DAK mustard, Fieldgrau and Olive Drab.
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 - 09:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Why you young whipper snapper you. I figure the last car I built was before you were born...

_GOTOTOP