_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Group Build Proposal - Chev vs Hemi
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 - 11:35 AM UTC
Hi all. My esteemed friend Hermon (VonCuda) and I have had a bit of a friendly rivalry going for a while now on the Chev vs Mopar thing. This is entirely likely to continue for quite a while, until Hermon finally faces up to the fact that Chev's are far superior.

Now we thought that we might make the rivalry a bit more productive, and see who might be interested in turning it into a Group Build.

Initial thoughts are fairly open, any era, any scale, stock, street, mild or wild, just as long as there's a Chev or a Hemi under the hood. The start date would be early 2011, and maybe 12 month run time.

Who's interested, any thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions are most welcome.

For myself, I have the Monogram 1/12 Camaro in the stash, and the 1/12 'Vette barely started, so I would certainly try to do those 2. I built the '57 Chev in that series years ago, when I had no clue what I was doing, so I might even try to source another one to butcher in my usual style.

Happy trails guys.
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
Auto Modeler: 522 posts
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 - 01:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I built the '57 Chev in that series years ago, when I had no clue what I was doing,.............

Happy trails guys.

And you're saying NOW you DO know what you're doing?

I say move the start date back to say.........the finish up of the derby campaign. There isn't a lot of traffic here so maybe some of the guys wouldn't feel "pushed" to finish entries for 2 or 3 campaigns at a time. Just a thought.

BTW, here is a campaign ribbon I think is suitable.

Hermon
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 - 02:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all. My esteemed friend Hermon (VonCuda) and I have had a bit of a friendly rivalry going for a while now on the Chev vs Mopar thing.

There ya go, as expected, right on time.

And no, I don't know what I'm doing. But I do know that I don't know what I'm doing, and I have a lot of fun doing what I know that I don't know, know what I mean?
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 02:36 AM UTC
Well I know that you know that I know...awh shoot that's too confusing! I'd be interested and ,big shock, I'd be on the pentastar team but with an early hemi I'm figuring. One with extensive mods like head spacers, bore and stroke revamp and a revised fuel delivery system.....always liked the old boat anchor motors since the 392's will fit where ever a bowtie 350 will - of course that's front to back dimentions and not side to side! It's be nice to do an aussie hemi 6 from they're charger but those aren't readily found in scale form.
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 03:03 AM UTC
Hi Bob, thought we'd see you here. A good mate of mine had a Charger with the 265 straight 6. Biggest problem with it was that you couldn't see over the hood it was that long !! Went like hell though. I'll keep an eye out for one, just don't tell Hermon, OK ??

Cheers, D
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 03:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Bob, thought we'd see you here. A good mate of mine had a Charger with the 265 straight 6. Biggest problem with it was that you couldn't see over the hood it was that long !! Went like hell though. I'll keep an eye out for one, just don't tell Hermon, OK ??

Cheers, D

Ok...Shhhhhhh!
You guys had all the good stuff over there! That hemi and the aussie 351c with the better heads and webbed block for added strength{2 bolt main with 4 bolt main strength}.
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Auto Modeler: 217 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 07:59 AM UTC
Whatever. Don't call me late for supper and count me in whenever you decide to start it..
c5flies
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Auto Modeler: 294 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 08:29 AM UTC
Count me in too, you can guess which side I'm on considering my callsign (and my banner also)

Have a C6-R in the stash....
Modelbouwerke
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 794 posts
Auto Modeler: 179 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 08:49 AM UTC
Building a Chevy.
Why not?
Count me in.

Erikssson.
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 10:49 AM UTC
You're all going to Hell.............except you Bob.....everyone else is pretty much in league with the devil. Literally.

Hermon

ps: James, I'm shocked that as an administrator you would choose sides in such an important and earth shaking debate.
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Auto Modeler: 217 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 11:01 AM UTC
As an ex owner of a 68 440 six pack, guess which car I'm building??????
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 12:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

ps: James, I'm shocked that as an administrator you would choose sides in such an important and earth shaking debate.

Hermon, as an Administrator, James must show the qualities of leadership, logic, calm rationality and good sense. He clearly has all of these attributes my friend, topped off with exceptionally good taste. Are you getting the message yet?
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 01:41 PM UTC
Dave, glad to know Bob and I will have some company. I have a sixpack set up in my garage I was gonna use on my 72 Cuda' but it's missing too many parts.

D, sorry........all I heard out of your long winded comment was something like blah...blah blah.....blah blah....blah.....

Am I getting the message yet? Yep, I see Mrs. Rigby is back to helping you with the big words again.

Hermon
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 02:24 PM UTC
Well THANKS A LOT Hermon. Mrs Rigby is now walking around the house giggling away merrily. Whenever I talk to her about my hobby I get in return . . . "Sweet, I can see your lips moving, but all I can hear is blah blah blah . . . . blah !!"

You are deliberately undermining my authority in my own household you evil man. Your plan won't work CHEVS will ALWAYS RULE !!

Now go away.

BTW I've already decided on the campaign ribbon

Now go away again.
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 03:04 PM UTC
Fine.....................

It's an ugly ribbon anyway.

Hermon
Modelbouwerke
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 794 posts
Auto Modeler: 179 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 06:58 PM UTC
I really love the above discussion

Erikssson
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 08:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Erikssson

Erik, it's the eternal struggle of good vs evil. I'm Yoda, Hermon is Darth Vader. One day Hermon will wake up to the truth that he has been blinded by the dark side, but I see that there is good in him, and I forgive his ignorance until that day comes.
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
Auto Modeler: 62 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 01:09 AM UTC
MOPAR

I'm in.

Have you ever noticed Ross Gibson does not have very many chevy engines in his line up?
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 01:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You're all going to Hell.............except you Bob.....everyone else is pretty much in league with the devil. Literally.

Hermon

A} can I get that in writting?!
B} you did see James' banner right?
C} Damian, don't the wives say that anyway...unless it's something they want to hear?!
{I could sooner get the kids to listen to me - and that's a reach!}
D}Erik, it does seem to get both warm and cold in here from time to time when this subject comes up...doesn't it?
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 02:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Erikssson

Erik, it's the eternal struggle of good vs evil. I'm Yoda, Hermon is Darth Vader. One day Hermon will wake up to the truth that he has been blinded by the dark side, but I see that there is good in him, and I forgive his ignorance until that day comes.

Oooh oooh...who do I get to be?
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 02:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

MOPAR

I'm in.

Have you ever noticed Ross Gibson does not have very many chevy engines in his line up?

Always like the rge-109...those 31" mainfolds are just too cool....just need an old AWB savoy or signet.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 02:38 AM UTC
BTW, what's the underlying theme...sure it's boxtie verses pentastar, but, are we looking at here - trans am, street, new, classic, drag racing or simply personal fave?
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 02:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

BTW, what's the underlying theme...sure it's boxtie verses pentastar, but, are we looking at here - trans am, street, new, classic, drag racing or simply personal fave?

Hey Bob, it's all there in the first post, but I would like some input from you guys

Quoted Text

Initial thoughts are fairly open, any era, any scale, stock, street, mild or wild, just as long as there's a Chev or a Hemi under the hood. The start date would be early 2011, and maybe 12 month run time.

Cheers, D
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 02:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

MOPAR
I'm in.

phanthomred4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 158 posts
Auto Modeler: 15 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 05:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Count me in too, you can guess which side I'm on considering my callsign (and my banner also)

Have a C6-R in the stash....

Oops and here i was thinkin' you were referring to the galaxy Hey D. HEMI,HEMI,HEMI, All Fish and not a spect of "bow- tie " any where. Me, I'm gonna ape ( copy) Hot Wheels "Fast Fish". A cut down 1/24 Monogram Challenger or Cuda and "drape" it over a 1/25 Viper. Did you ever see or here about the Chrysler Firepower showcar? It will be similiar, of course w/ the proper front/ rear styling. Damian, yer awesome! I been sitting on this idea ( have all the stuff ready) for a year!!!!
 _GOTOTOP