Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Group Build Proposal - Chev vs Hemi
Modelbouwerke
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 794 posts
Auto Modeler: 179 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 06:34 AM UTC
I finaly got my kits for the groupbuild.
First the Chevy.

The Callaway Corvette.

And this weekend I did find a Hemi.

Can't wait for the starting signal.

Erikssson
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 10:58 AM UTC
Very nice Erik, is the Daytona gunna be bright blue, like "The King" from Cars ??

Good opportunity for a BUMP to keep the fires lit, 5 short months until "Gentlemen, Start your engines !!"

Cheers, D
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 01:14 PM UTC
Need to button up the '57 gasser but I did manage to grab a jimmy flintstone Dodge '67 hemi AWB body and the needed base kit for the build. Now all I need is a chevy to go with it.
I do have a neat idea for a totally Left field build.......more research is needed for that though!........lots.
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2010 - 01:00 AM UTC
It's been almost 2 months, time for a BUMP again !

Enlistment page can be found HERE with all of the Rules and Regs. This will be a load of fun with a bunch of great guys, so don't be shy now, choose a side (Chev) and join us.

Cheers, D
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 04:56 PM UTC
Hello again autophiles all over the world !! Yes. it's time for Reggies regular BUMP session. We have 10 passionate road warriors ready to fight to the death for their respective badges, but I'm sure there are plenty more of you out there with a Chev and a Hemi sitting in the stash and just burning to hit the bench.

CLICK HERE NOW to enlist and have a bunch of fun with a great group of modelers. The Group Build runs for 12 months, so there's no pressure or stress on speed building.

Cheers, D
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
Auto Modeler: 62 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 09:03 AM UTC
I am anxious to get going on this one, but I still don't know what I am going to build.
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2011 - 02:11 AM UTC
BUMP BUMP BUMP

Wow, what a coincidence. That's the same sound a finely tuned HEMI makes !!
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2011 - 02:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Wow, what a coincidence. That's the same sound a finely tuned HEMI makes !!

Nope, it's Bumpita Bumpita Bumpita...also know as a 3/4 cam at idle - the chevys bump/bump/bump is the usual rod knock!

...that one's for Hermon....and me!
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 - 07:40 AM UTC
Just so the chevy guys know what they're up against, here's my proposed Mopar- a 2011 Roadrunner with a V10!

You can see my inspiration in the background!
Found it would be too difficult to mod the '09 AMT Challenger kit body, so I've redirected to the Revell '71 GTX kit body to mod...just have to decide between the air grabber hood or the stock satellite.
...spose I'll think of something for the chebby{ugh-lol}.
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 08:47 AM UTC
We are getting close to the start date. I have been reorganizing and moving my stash kits to another room. In so doing-I needed to decide what was going to stay upstairs in my closet. So I finally made a decision on what I am going to build for this much anticipated build.
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 10:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So I finally made a decision on what I am going to build for this much anticipated build.

Anything you want to share with us Carl, or are you going to keep us in suspenders ?

Quoted Text

...spose I'll think of something for the chebby

And I'm sure you'll put just as much effort into the Chev build as you do the Mopar WON"T YOU BOB !!!

Only a few weeks to the start line guys, who's organised and ready to roll ??

Hermon, you got your co-leaders hat on yet mate ??
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 04:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

And I'm sure you'll put just as much effort into the Chev build as you do the Mopar WON"T YOU BOB !!!

- Hmmmmm, {grumble, grumble, grumble} ....I suppose!{rolls eyes}.
...still can't find a chevette kit though a pinto might work just as well...ford, chebby...what's the difference!
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 05:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...still can't find a chevette kit though a pinto might work just as well...ford, chebby...what's the difference!

Yeah, I know Bob, it's hard to spot the difference between them, when you're about 3 miles behind them chugging along blowing Mopar smoke !!
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 09:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

So I finally made a decision on what I am going to build for this much anticipated build.

Anything you want to share with us Carl, or are you going to keep us in suspenders ?

It's a secret
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 10:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It's a secret

old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 04:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Yeah, I know Bob, it's hard to spot the difference between them, when you're about 3 miles behind them chugging along blowing Mopar smoke !!

Not quite...I'm 3 miles behind them because they're both blowing out so much smoke and it's "still" hard to see them...and I'm 20 under the posted limit along with all the other backed up traffic they've slowed! Be a pal and pull over so we can all pass like we usually do.
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 05:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Not quite...I'm 3 miles behind them because they're both blowing out so much smoke and it's "still" hard to see them...and I'm 20 under the posted limit along with all the other backed up traffic they've slowed! Be a pal and pull over so we can all pass like we usually do.

Hehehe . . . . . nice. You and Hermon are cast from the same block !! This is the sort of sniping that I can see going on through the whole Group Build AND I LOVE IT !!

BTW even if I pulled over and sat stock still you'd have trouble passing me !!
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2011 - 10:40 PM UTC
Hello folks. Just over 2 weeks until the flag drops to get this shindig going. Time for a little BUMP to see who else we can stir up. We have 11 participants so far, and the Rules and Regs can be found HERE if you are interested in joining the shenanigans.

And now a question. I want to kick of my build with a Monogram 1/12 '57 Chev kit that I picked up at a swap meet. The kit has been started, the engine has been assembled and the wheels were put together as well, but the previous owner had just glued the 2 wheel parts together without scraping off the chrome, so when I picked them up and gave them a squeeze they just fell apart. I'm guessing that the chrome parts on the engine have been glued onto the block AFTER it was painted in the same way. What I'm planning to do is strip off the chrome and paint and pull apart as much as I can to start it over. My question is are there any objections to my submitting a "started" kit ?

Yeah, I know I'm Co-leader (with Hermon), and I can make up the rules if I want, but I don't operate that way and I value the opinions of you guys very highly. Yes Hermon, even yours !!

I'm planning to strip all of the chrome parts and give them the Alclad treatment, and I have an idea for a cool colour combo, but that won't be revealed until waaaaaaaaay down the track (given the pace I build at).

A second question, do you guys want a new "Official Group Build" thread started or should we just carry on here ? I would prefer a new thread.

Anyway, not long now guys, this one has been cooking away for ages now and I can't wait to get started.

Cheers, D
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 04:27 AM UTC
Hmmm, with the bashing...I mean idea thread being up to 9 pages already, I think we should start a different build thread. That's my vote-
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 08:59 AM UTC
I vote for a new thread.

Damian: I have no problem with you building the '57 chevy.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 10:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...My question is are there any objections to my submitting a "started" kit ?

Cheers, D

Forgot about this part!.....Hmmmmm....not if you let me use my started "P-38 Egg Plane" in the Zerstorer campaign!........
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 03:18 PM UTC
Hi guys

I just joined the group build i know i have a Challenger for the Mopar side i will have to check and see what i have for the Bow tie guys i will post a pic soon.
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 04:45 PM UTC
Welcome aboard Robert, thanks for joining us. I'm sure you will have a load of fun here. Where do your loyalties lie, Chev or Mopar ?
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2011 - 02:14 AM UTC
Thanks to you and Hermon for hosting this group build i know i will have fun i have been posting builds here since 2004 just been away for a while. My real loyalty is with Pontiac i love the old Firebirds but now i drive a 2006 Mustang Gt so i guess i am all over the place, have to check my stash for a good Chevy.
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
Auto Modeler: 555 posts
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2011 - 03:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

check my stash for a good Chevy.

That could be very easy or a huge challenge.